Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday readers! This past weekend wasn't very exciting, but it as really productive.

Friday: Met with someone about the IRA I had opened earlier this year and what I should do with it. That meeting was good. I also cleaned and dusted my bedroom and the basement. They both look so great.

Saturday: I had a phone interview for a job that went really well. They are going to be sending out emails for those they are interested in for a second interview. Fingers Crossed! I also went out for munchies and drinks with my parents, then came home and invited Mrs. P over to hang out. We had such a great time together and the night was filled with a bunch of laughter, much needed laughter. We fixed dinner and had snacks and talked for hours. Then, we broke out the Twilight Scene It game I had gotten for Christmas and laughed even more because, although I love Scene It (it's my favorite board game), this one was really lame. It was hilarious! I didn't realize what time it was until she left and it was after 3 am!

Sunday: New ceiling fans were hung in my bedroom and the spare bedroom and that was fun to argue with my Dad that he was connecting the wires wrong (I always read the instructions) and then he realizing that I was right. :) The second one went up so easily, I think I can do this by myself in the future. Then, I tackled a huge project: My Mary Kay/Personal Desk. This was a beast! I had over a year's worth of filing to do, over a year's worth of dust, a year's worth of sales tickets to file, plus a lot of inventory to sort through. I got everything cleaned up and organized the best I could. I need to get another hanging file system for one of the drawers in my cabinet and I need to come up with a way to store my inventory because right now, its in a tote. However, all the filing is done and my desk looks so good now. It's in the basement and gets neglected because its "out of sight, out of mind". Then, I spent the rest of the day on the couch in the newly cleaned basement watching Season 3 of Will and Grace.

And that's my weekend. Did you have a good weekend?

2 comments:

Gwen said...

YAY for you getting everything organized. I know you probably feel so much better. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job hunt!!! XOXO

Tarryn said...

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! I'm just an organize freak and have a huge stack that I need to file - you've inspired me to clean it up!