Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Wow, last Friday's post didn't even get a title.

Anyway, on to this past weekend. It was a little different since I have been unemployed.

Friday: I spent the entire day by myself, watched the birds, and everything listed on my last post.

Saturday: I went to the waterpark with my parents. Yes, I am the loser adult child that spends days with her parents. It was a beautiful day and I was able to get a tan without getting a sunburn. Yay me! That night, I had pizza for dinner, although, it was a little under cooked, so it wasn't all that great.

Sunday: Pedicure! I got an orange color this time, but I am not sure if I really like it. I finished reading Bright Lights, Big Ass and loved it! I almost ran out to get the next book from the author, Jen Lancaster, but I couldn't remember which one came next.

There was something funny that happened on Sunday night though. While watching My Fair Wedding, Isabelle started barking like crazy from another room. I went to see what was going on and realized that she needed to go outside to potty, so I went to step down the stairs to let her out and slipped and fell. One minute I was looking down at Isabelle, and the next, I was looking at her at eye level. It was really funny, not because I had fallen, but of how I landed. I landed on my butt with my legs out straight in front of me in a seated position. It was a scene from a classic cartoon, I'm telling you. It was hilarious.

However, my back has been so sore ever since. It's hard to stand up straight when I walk, but it was still really freaking funny!

Monday wasn't very eventful, but I did go see Eclipse. That movie was AWESOME! I loved the special effects and the fight scene did not disappoint. It was a great afternoon.

Now, today, I have to find a place to board the dogs next weekend, and I am going to go to the unemployment office to see if they can help me find a job. I still would really like to work for my Alma mater, so today I am going to go into every department I have applied for the physically hand in my resume.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Pink Chick said...

Glad you weren't seriously hurt from your fall. Ouchy! Good luck with your job hunt at your Alma Mater!