Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Mindless Musings of the Unemployed

Welcome to another edition of The Mindless Musings of the Unemployed.

I have had two interviews with one company. They were impressed with my portfolio and will have their decision by the beginning of next week.

I interviewed with a local florist for the position of a Wedding Director, but the hours and time spent are a lot like what I just left. Even though there is the potential to make a lot of money, my time and sanity are more important.

I came outside to have my coffee on the patio this morning and to watch the birds. I have no idea where all the birds are and instead, I have been throwing the ball for Isabelle.

If the dogs didn't need a bath before, they certainly do now. They are both covered in mud and squashed bugs (don't ask).

I have no idea why we even put the screens up on the canopy because we always keep them open and the ball gets caught up in it.

I was asked out on a date by the guy that sells skin and nail care products at a kiosk in the mall. He's cute and shameless and I think I may just call him.

I bought a pair of really cute black ballet flats yesterday and I am in love with them.

It's really starting to get hot outside and the clock on my computer only reads 9:43 am.

The birdhouse that I bought and painted in May finally has inhabitants and I think there are eggs/babies inside. I still don't know what kind of birds they are though.

I wish the University would move faster in their process of hiring. I have applied to over 20 positions there and only 3 have gotten back to me and that is only after I have called numerous times. Can't you at least let me know that you received my resume. At least I was that considerate when I was hiring.

My computer has been really slow lately and it's starting to drive me crazy.

Jen Lancaster has definitely made it on my list of favorite authors. I am now reading Such a Pretty Fat. Her blog is on my list to the right, if you haven't checked her out yet, do it.

We have had a strangely good combination of rain and sun lately, so even though its late into the summer, everything is still really green and pretty.

I have a to do list for today (as usual) and I want to get started on it so that I can feel accomplished.

I am planning on having a garage sale next weekend, so the first thing I am going to do today after giving the dogs a bath is clean out my bedroom closet. That usually takes about 3 hours.

I tried to take a picture of my Wii Mii, but the TV I used is old and the quality of the picture sucked. If I suddenly feel like moving the Wii upstairs to the good TV, you just might get to see how cute I look as a cartoon character.

There is a sweat bee that has not left me alone for the last 15 minutes and I am getting annoyed.

I has to call my old job in order to discuss an event for my non-profit organization, and my replacement wasn't very friendly. Maybe that was because it was just me on the phone.
I also had called her 4 times in one day and she never answered. Then I called twice yesterday before I got a hold of her. Like hell if I'm leaving a message.

A colony of ants has moved there home from the grass to one of the hummingbird feeders. So gross.

I detailed my car the other day and I feel so great everytime I get into it. I have officially owned my car for 1 year. Bring on the personal property taxes!

It never fails, just as I am ready to go inside, the birds come out and play.

Happy Thursday readers!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Well at least your relaxing during your time off of employement, lol. You should totally call that guy from the mall, dates are always a fun.

Mrs. S. said...

It is so gross outside right now...ugh. Good luck in your job hunting!

Domestic Goddess said...

Jen Lancaster is a freakin hoot! Her new book had me laughing outloud!!! Good luck on the job front..I KNOW you'll find something soon!! :)

Gwen said...

I'm tired of the weather too. If the muggies would go away I'd be happy. Still sending prayers for you on the job hunt. I know you'll have something soon. Um...and totally call the guy from the mall. :) XOXO