Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Job Hunt Day 2

Before I give you an update on Job Hunt Day 2, let me catch you up on Job Hunt Day 1:

Resume revamped
Cover letter written
Letterhead designed
Job interview scheduled through a referral from Mom
References updated

Okay, now on to Job Hunt Day 2:

Interview went well, was offered a temporary job after about 15 minutes into the interview
Delivered resume, references, and cover letter to the company I really want to work for
Binder bought for portfolio
Contemplating the job offer (It is a serious pay cut and only temporary. Also, its dealing strictly with numbers and I am not very good at that.)

When I delivered my resume to the company I really want to work for (and used to work for, by the way), the person I needed to talk to was not in the office, so I chatted with a lady I was always friendly with. It was nice. I hadn't talked with her for a long time.

3 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Good luck!! I know this can be a stressful time, but it will all work out in the end!

The Pink Chick said...

You got offered a job on your very first day of job hunting! That's amazing! Good luck with your hunt!!!

Mrs. S. said...

Yeah, it is amazing what can happen with one day of not being on here! Haha! Hopefully your job search is going well!