Monday, July 5, 2010

As of July 2

I no longer have a job. I am "in between jobs", "unemployed", "considering a career change", "in search of new and different experiences". That last one is the phrase being used at my old company. But, don't believe that entirely.

Right now, I am putting all my faith in the Lord that I will find myself a new job. I know that it is a little scary right now with the job market the way it is. I have a lot of skills and am looking for something that is a little less demanding of my time. I can handle the occasional weekend or late night, but working 6-7 days a week for 10-14 hours each is not my cup of tea anymore. I feel like I have missed out on a lot and have been aging way before my time. It's incredible.

I can tell you though, that the last couple of weeks, I have been less stressed and happier than I have been in the last 2 years I worked for that company. I learned a lot from that job and have valued the education, experience, and the people I met. There are a few people that I will miss tremendously, and others I won't miss at all. I am not saying that to be mean. There were a few people I could never really "click" with.

Also, I plan to ask a former coworker out on a date. It shouldn't be awkward because we will no longer be working together anymore. *fingers crossed*

There will be a day where I will tell you the full and true story, but right now, I am going to start the job hunt.

4 comments:

Lin said...

I dont know whether to be sorry that you're 'in between jobs' or not. Not that it's a good thing or anything but I'm positive you'll find something bigger & better.

Also, I think it's great that you're to be asking your former coworker out on a date, you'll have tell us how that goes! Good luck!

Mrs. S. said...

That sounds like a huge step that will benefit you in the long run. I know that when Mr. S. quit his job and he was relieved of his stress, it made an amazing difference in him.

Good luck on your job search! I will keep my fingers crossed for you and the potential date!

Ashley said...

Best of luck finding something new! You'll be great!

Gwen said...

I am so far behind on reading blogs. I know that the job was a lot of stress on you and you'll be able to find something you love soon. As far as asking the coworker out...GO FOR IT!!! And then report back!!! Just say your Interview Day 2 post also and can't wait to hear how everything is going.

XOXO