Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Ultimate Commitment

For me, at this point in my life, I have made the ultimate commitment. On September 19, 2010, I will be participating in this race:




That's right! This serious non-runner is going to be running a 5K!

Breast Cancer research is something of a passion of mine. I support this program so much because so many women in my life have been touched by breast cancer. I am going to do this in honor of: my grandma, my aunt, my neighbor and 2 of my Mary Kay sisters.

I have always wanted to be a runner. It's a little tough when your knees are weak and your boobs are big, but I really want to be a runner. There are many times when I just feel like going for a run, but then stop just a couple of minutes in because of some stupid reason or another. So, I have committed myself to running this race. I don't have to finish first, but I don't want to finish last. I also want to run the whole thing. My mom has signed up as well and she will walk it (arthritis). I want to run my race, then go back and finish it with Mom.

I have started training for this and have promised myself that I will reward my efforts if I stay consistent for 1 month or more. My reward? Will be these shoes, in green.




Wish me luck! I am really hoping I can count on you guys to keep me motivated and to hold me accountable to this training program. I really want this to be successful.

3 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

If you Google, Couch to 5K, there is a great plan that I know some people are following on there. Good luck!!

Lindsey said...

That is great!! Good for you!! Good luck!!

Kristin said...

Good for you...I can't think of a better cause!

p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls! I hope you'll follow us at our new site...we went and got our own .com at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/ Plus, we're hosting lots of fabulous giveaways this month to celebrate our move...Right now we've got two $95 hapari swimsuit gift certificates up for grabs! Hugs, K