Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend...er...Week Recap?

Well, unless you count my Biggest Loser post, it has been over a week since I last posted. Let me fill you in a little bit about what has been going on this past week.





I have been working ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!





Seriously, I have had 1 day off since Mother's Day. And that was last Friday. Can you believe it? I had to take comp time for Memorial Day on Monday because, surprise, surprise, we don't automatically get that day off.

I came into the office today ready to get started and finish up all of these little nagging tasks and have a fresh start to June. Well, the big boss came in and wanted to make sure I was "getting back to people in a timely manner" because our customers "don't stop calling" and a two other people in the office have had "to field calls for me because I wasn't here".

I am FUCKING BUSY dammit! If I haven't been at my desk, I have been in a meeting. If I haven't been in a meeting, I have been working events until 11 pm, 12 pm, or 1 am! I get back to my phone calls (and I have a phone log notebook to prove it). I respond to every email within 24 hours. May is our busiest month of the year for CRYING OUT LOUD!! You want me to call in my banquet manager on varied days (when she works another job) just to answer the fucking phone? I have an idea, HIRE A FUCKING OFFICE INTERN!! (I am not the only one in the office that would appreciate that, by the way)

That phone call would go something like this:


Me: "Hi I have 4 meetings this afternoon, could you come in and man the phone for me."

Her: "Sure, what do you need me to do?"

Me: "Answer the phone if it rings and let them know our prices for things and if they want to book, tell them I will call them back."

Everyone wants to talk to me, everyone wants to meet with me, my staff needs me to train them, coworkers need to meet with me, events need my attention, the chef needs to talk to me, the other departments need to double check things with me, I am everyone's stupid schedule keeper because they are too g**damn lazy to read their fucking staff minutes I take every damn week.

Oh, and to top this off, this girl is totally taking advantage of me. I now have to send her all of my research to her and give her diagrams for her wedding that is NEXT summer. And I get nothing but stress and worry for it. I don't like her. I don't care how cute her outfits are.

Did I mention that my most STRESSFUL wedding is this Sunday? Yeah, this one includes international guests, a bride who keeps changing things, and Momzilla. *enter exasperated sigh here*

I am so tired lately and there is only one day (Monday) where I can sleep in and try to catch up on some sleep. Which won't last long because the dogs have to go out in the mornings. And I have a garage sale to prepare for.

I think there is an evil gnome that is coming into the office at night and stealing my notes. Really. I had an inquiry for an event that I needed to make and send a contract for, and I only realized it was missing when I had a message from the client that she hadn't received the contract yet. Since she didn't leave her phone number, I have no contact information for her anymore. Sucks, huh?


I think I got into the wrong type of work in this industry.



PS. Congratulations for you if you made it to the end of this work rant post. Sorry about that.




4 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

You are entitled to ranting posts every once in a while. It sucks that this week has been horrible. Hopefully some time off on Monday will help to alleviate some of that stress.

Good luck with the crazy wedding Sunday!

Banquet Manager said...

Not just the wrong type of work in this industry but in the wrong industry itself!

Get us outta here...

Kristin said...

EEEEK. I hope things calm down for you? Are momzillas worse than bridezillas? HA!

Gwen said...

Girl I don't know how you do it. I would have serious issues doing what you do. Keep your chin up!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend my friend. XOXO

P.S. Did you ever take the leap and ask the boy out?