Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Hello everyone! It's Monday again and this past weekend went by way too fast. It was a 7 day work week for me last week and I am feeling the effects today. I almost fell asleep in the car on my way into work. My coffee hasn't even picked me up a tiny bit. I couldn't take today off because of the prep work I have to do for my weekly meeting tomorrow.

Friday: Had so much work that got put aside last week that needed to be finished before the end of the day that I stayed until 7 pm on a Friday just working away in the office. That night I did go out for a cheeseburger with some friends. That was fun.

Saturday: Got to work at 8:30 am with donuts and coffee so the staff and I could work a wedding that day. That went smoothly even though it rained and I learned how to turn a round tablecloth into a rectangle one. Yay me! We got out fairly early (6 pm) so I was able to return some items to JC Penny and Old Navy. When I got home, I did nothing because I knew I had a long day the next day.

Sunday: I got to work at 2:15 pm and worked until 12:30 am this morning. The wedding went really well even though it rained. My banquet manager has two jobs and the other one was working her too much that she wasn't able to stay at work yesterday because of being overworked. It kind of sucked at times to not have that extra set of hands, but we were able to pull together and have a good event. Even the rain didn't damper the spirits.

I am really dragging butt today, so I hope I can make it through my to-do list and go home on time.


2 comments:

Gwen said...

That sucks that you had to work this weekend but at least everything went well. The rainy weather is getting on my nerves. Hopefully the sun will come out this afternoon like they said. LOL!!! XOXO

Kristin said...

You deserve a bubble bath and glass or three of wine lady!