Wednesday, April 21, 2010

People Without Patience

I took Monday off and when I got into the office Tuesday, I had 19 messages on my phone, in addition to the 20 or more emails sitting in my inbox. I had a meeting to prepare for (which ended up taking ALL DAY to prepare for) and while I was working on my projects, I received another message from about 4 of the same people that had called on Monday. Then, 2 of them called another person on property to leave a message for me.

People, please have patience with event coordinators. They are not always at their desk, their phone rings all day, and they have numerous events they have to be at. If you haven't heard from someone within 24-36 hours, don't panic. You are not the only one the person has to talk to, and I promise, they will get in touch with you.

Want to know what happened when I called these people back? I was only able to speak to about 10 of them. The rest I had to leave a message for. HA! In Your Face!



Okay, rant over.

By the way, it's 3:15 and I have checked out for the day. If only I could leave early.


No comments: