Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Pain in the Neck

I am sure you have heard of people complaining about something or someone being a pain in the neck, right? Well, I have a quite literal pain in the neck. I have had this pain for over 2 months now. It feels like I slept wrong, but it hasn't gone away. I went to the chiropractor because I thought I needed an adjustment. They also have a cool "rolly bed" that rolls all the way up and down the spine. I thought that might help. Nope. He gave me some exercises and stretches to do, but that hasn't helped. Pain killers are pointless.

Then, I was reading an article about people who thought that their random ailment was nothing, but turned into something dangerous, so I called the doctor. He sent me in for an X-ray to see what was going on. An X-ray of the neck is a lot different from an X-ray of the foot, by the way. The technician was kind of cute though. Well, finally, I got my results back yesterday and the doctor wants me to come in for an appointment today. Why? Well, the X-rays show that the curvature of my spine is reversed. Reversed? WTF??? How on Earth did that happen? WTF??

I was talking to my mom and she is all worried now. She has kept asking me what I have done, what have I lifted, etc. to see what has caused this. I have a lot of questions for the doctor today and I want to know what is going on and when it will go away. This pain is ridiculous!


Wish me luck...


2 comments:

Lin said...

Good luck!

Gwen said...

Girl keep me updated. Sending prayers your way. XOXO