Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday readers! Did everyone have a good weekend? I did and I can't wait to share it with you.

Friday: Went to happy hour with Lolita from work and we accidentally crashed a going away party. The drink I had was big and much, much needed. I still got home pretty early and decided to relax the rest of the night.

Saturday: I spent 3 hours, yes 3 hours, cleaning and organizing my bedroom closet. My closet is tiny and it was looking awful! I cleaned out a bunch of clothes that don't fit anymore and organized my shoes. I counted and I have 32 pairs, not counting flip flops. It still isn't quite where I want it to be, but it's getting there.

I then got ready for date. Yep, I went on a date. I have been friends with the guy for 5 years, but this was the first "going out" date. We went to see Shutter Island and just when the movie was picking up and getting really good, the power went out for a whole city block! The emergency lights came on and the packed theater just sat there and and talked. We were cracking jokes and waited a while, but the manager kicked everyone out because the power wasn't going to be coming back on for a long time. We got emergency tickets for another time and went to dinner at a great little restaurant that has live jazz music every Saturday. That was a great time too. The cosmo I ordered was very stout, but I still enjoyed it. Afterward, we went back to his place for coffee and chatted for another hour.

Sunday: I lounged around in my comfy clothes and read magazines all day. I went with my mom to Wal Mart and that was about it for the day. I have decided that it is a good thing Girl Scout Cookies only come out once a year. I ordered 4 boxes of the Caramel Delites (my FAVORITE) and have already eaten 2 boxes. They're so good!


4 comments:

Lin said...

Wow, you had a fantastic weekend! Sure beats my staying home & watching movies, ha ha. I'm so happy that you went out on a date :)

You mentioned you had a good time but will there be a 2nd date?

Mrs. S. said...

A date?! How exciting! I am glad to hear you had a great weekend!

AG said...

That sounds like a very fun weekend!

And the date sounds like it went well. yay!

Bombtastic Belle said...

I'm a Tagalong kinda GS cookie girl, myself. They've been my favorite since I was a GS - which I graduated high school as one, shhh. *lol*