Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Hello Readers!

This weekend was a very busy one, but very fun!

Friday: Got to talk to a friend of mine that I haven't spoke to in a couple of weeks. That was a pretty good conversation and we planned to go to a movie this Thursday. I also packed for the next night because Mrs. P and I were going to work a really big trade show with other people from work.

Saturday: Had to leave my house at 7:30 am and of course, Mrs. P was running late. I had to stop and get gas before the 2 hour trip and I was worried we weren't going to make it in time. We ended up getting there right before we had to start work but had a little trouble getting onto the right street because of the crazy directions. The trade show was huge, but a lot of fun and we were pretty busy all day so our 6 hour shift went by in no time. We then walked around the show and checked into the hotel before we went to dinner. The restaurant had an hour wait, but since we took a shuttle (so neither of us had to be responsible), we waited and really enjoyed our dinner. We went back to the hotel planning to drink some wine and have a good time, but were in bed by 11 pm. Some party animals we are.

Sunday: On the way home, Mrs. P and I stopped at an outlet mall after we had brunch at Cracker Barrel. We had such a great weekend. It was some much needed "girl time" and we shared a lot of laughs. Once I got home, I had a little trouble with Isabelle. Apparently she was a big b*tch while I was gone. She even bit me when I got home! She spent a good 2 hours in her pen for that. I watched Bridget Jones' Diary for the first time last night and laughed my butt off! I love that movie and could really relate to some parts of it. (Not the whole sleeping with the boss part, but the awkward moments).

Today I am back at work and getting ready for the week. I scheduled a meeting for all my new staff to get together and meet the seasoned staff and it seems we are already have troubles with the schedule and we haven't even started yet!


2 comments:

Gwen said...

I am cracking up that you had Cracker Barrel. I told my sister that we should eat at one on our trip. When we lived in Cincinnati as kids and would make the trip back "home" my parents always stopped at Cracker Barrel. We would save our allowance and shop while we were there too. Sounds like a great weekend!!! XOXO

The Pink Chick said...

I love, love, love Bridget Jones' Diary! Such a great movie! Sounds like you had a super busy but fun weekend!