Friday, February 5, 2010

Still Shaking

Last night, I was enjoying Champagne Thursday (my new tradition) and just getting ready for dinner when I went to let the dogs in from outside. I saw that Annie was completely covered in soot and wondered what on earth she had rolled in. Then, as I went to pick her up to take her to the tub, I noticed she was bleeding and she cried out in pain. The poor puppy had been hit by a car!

I took her straight to the club and called my cousin, who works for our vet, and followed the instructions very carefully. I washed her in warm water with oatmeal shampoo, put neosporin on her cuts (all 11 of them), and dried her completely (even broke out the hair dryer), and kept her warm by wrapping her up in a warm blanket.

I am still shaking. She had a rough night last night. I was told to put her in the crate and that sat by my bed last night. Poor Isabelle didn't know what was going on. She kept checking on Annie and whenever Annie tried to roll over, she cried out. I feel so bad and none of us slept well.

The part that gets me (and my parents) the most, is that the driver of the car didn't even stop to say anything! I'm sorry, but if I hit a dog, I would definitely try to find the owner and let them know. And apologize.

Our dogs have a tendency to chase things across the road and this is the kind of thing I worry about and pray every night to not happen. Poor Annie is limping on her front right paw and I just hope nothing is broken and there isn't any internal damages. I took her to the vet this morning and am just waiting to hear back.



Please pray for the little puppy. I hope she's okay.


5 comments:

Gwen said...

Praying for you & Annie. Please keep me updated. XOXO

Bombtastic Belle said...

OMG! I can't believe the person who did it didn't tell y'all! I hope Annie gets better fast!

Mrs. S. said...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear about Annie. I hope that everything comes back okay and that she gets better soon. I would be so angry at the person that didn't stop.

AG said...

oh that's awful! How could anyone not stop to say something. I'm outraged for you and hope Annie's okay.

Ashley said...

How terrifying! I'm so sorry to hear that.