Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions

Every year, many people (myself included) make a resolution to lose weight, go the the gym more, eat better, etc. Hardly anyone actually sticks to that resolution longer than a month. Don't lie, you know its you.

Well, this year, I decided on something a little different. Yeah, I do want and need to lose weight (50 lbs to be exact) but I am not going to make a resolution to do that. I have decided that my resolution this year is to stick to the plans I make.

What does this mean? It means that if I make a plan to go to the gym 3 times a week, I go to the gym 3 times a week. If I plan on taking a trip to Seattle in April, I am going to take a trip to Seattle in April. If I plan to do a Mary Kay Income Producing Activity (facial, class, etc), I am going to do just that. I am planning on spending more time on myself this year and not letting work take over my life.
In the past, I have bought planners and filled them up, then never referred back to them or ever really used them again. This year, I bought a wonderful planner at Staples that is large enough for my handwriting, but small enough to fit in my purse. It has the month pages, and then 2 pages per day. There is a section to write down what I need to do each day, and a space for keeping track of those projects throughout the day. How much time I spend on each one, and whether I got them done or not. There is also a section for each day that has hourly spaces for me to fill in. I LOVE this planner and lay it open on my desk every day to keep track of my day.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings and if I am actually able to stick to my plans. What are your resolutions?


3 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I think that sounds like a great idea! It sounds like you picked a goal that would be easier attained. I have always been bad about picking goals that just aren't realistic or too specific. Good luck!

Gwen said...

No resolutions for me this year either. I've decided I'm well on my way to what I had always resolved in the past. This year I'm going to work towards being the best person I can be. :)

Oh...I think I'll skip the gym the rest of the week too and start fresh on Monday. :)

XOXO

The Pink Chick said...

This sound absolutely wonderful! I hope 2010 is an absolutely wonderful year for you! I look forward to reading all about it!!