Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Mascara Experiment Part 2

Here is Part 2 of the Mascara Experiment. If you missed Part 1, click HERE.

Before I get started, let me say that I have decided to do this experiment on my own and have not received any free product or compensation for a review. I also have given each mascara at least a 3 day trial.

Up First is Revlon Fabulash Mascara--$7




This mascara promises 400% more lashes. HA! Yeah right!

Likes

The handle is long and the brush is narrow, making it easier to control

It does make my lashes look full if applied correctly, but not 400% fuller (total lie)

This formula is clump free

Dislikes
The outer corner lashes stick together a lot. Not sure where this comes from.

When I tried the recommend 2-3 coats, my lashes looked like spider legs!

Overall: This was alright, but not my favorite

Next: Lash Blast Volume by Cover Girl--$8



Likes

The brush is very flexible, as is the formula

The handle was long enough to have good control

This did make my lashes look fuller

Dislikes

The brush itself is just as thick as the handle, so the wand looked like one long entity instead of a handle, then a brush

I had a hard time getting to the smaller inner lashes with the thick brush

Overall: my favorite of the choices listed today.

Finally: L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara--$8

Likes

Big fluffy brush that is contoured

Was able to reach all of my lashes

Only needed one coat--application was a breeze

Nice long handle for control

Formula is clump free

Dislikes

STICKY formula!! My lashes stick together like crazy. While the formula is clump free, the lashes stuck together.

This one stinks. (but not nearly as bad as the one from Maybelline in the last review)

12x more impact? No.

Overall: This one was not worth the time it took to comb out my lashes in the morning.





2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

I really like the Lash Blast, too! To get it off so it doesn't clump on my eyes overnight, I definitely use an eye makeup remover.

Gwen said...

I had to buy something different that my stand by Clinique mascara last time because I was using a GC I had from JC Penny's. They have a Sephora inside but didn't carry Clinique. I bought BadGal Lash and I love it!!! The brush is huge and it works so well for layering!!! XOXO