Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weekend Recap...and Surgery Update

Hi Readers!

Up first, Surgery Update. My mom had surgery yesterday and things went well. hey didn't have any surprises or blood loss, or anything else. It wasn't anything too serious, but should end up helping her in the future. Basically, her diaphragm was elevated and blocking her ability to get air into her lower lungs. She will be in the hospital until Thursday at least. After that, the healing process really begins.


As my little Punky Mood will tell you, I am a little weary today. We were at the hospital yesterday from 5:30 am to 7 pm. That made for a long day. My dad and I did leave for breakfast after she actually went in for surgery and then got a quick lunch around 3 pm.

I am so tired today, but I need to buckle down and get a lot of work done. I didn't accomplish much while away from the office yesterday.

Weekend Recap...

Friday: I had a lot of meetings at work and then left late so I could show the space to a client. I went home and then went to a local hang out place for friends and food.

Saturday: I had 3 meetings at work (ugh). One in particular was really annoying, but I may have booked an event for next year. In November at that. Yay. After my meetings, I helped my mom get things taken care of. I also made a birthday cake.

Sunday: My mom, dad, and I all went shopping! Can you believe it? My dad is Scrooge and he went shopping! We had a good lunch together and enjoyed each other's time that evening.

It was a pretty good weekend, but I am drained already with a huge headache now. I have a lot of work to do and its going to be difficult to get things done.


Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

Lin said...

Glad your moms doing well. I hope you get some much needed rest :)

Gwen said...

I am so glad that your Mom is recoverying well. Please let her know I am praying for her.

What a busy weekend. I hope you are able to catch up on your rest this week!!!

XOXO