Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday Readers!

This weekend was a long one in a way. My poor mom can't sleep, and neither can I or my dad. It is really taking a toll.

Friday: I left work early to take care of my mom and ended up watching a Christmas movie as a family. We watched the Santa Clause. I love that movie!

Saturday: I left Mom alone hoping for her to get some rest and finished my Christmas shopping. I am so excited to be done, but I don't want to wait this long again. I enjoyed being finished by Thanksgiving last year. Now, all I have to do is wrap and I am done! Saturday night was another quiet night.

Sunday: We had our first family Christmas dinner on Sunday and I represented the three of us. No biggie. However, I took it as an insult when the hostess didn't ask me to make my mom's casserole (that she takes every year) because it "wasn't on the menu". Instead, I was supposed to bring pickles and olives. Gross. I know how to make Mom's casserole. It's delicious too and I hope we can have it at our Christmas dinner. Anyway, it was nice to hang out with the extended family. The younger kids are growing up so fast and it makes me feel old. Sunday night, we watched Elf and TV and a special on the HGTV channel about Christmas at Disney! It was so MAGICAL!! I want to work for Disney, but I don't want to live in Orlando.

Now, I am working from the kitchen counter until noon, then I am going into the office. I really appreciate how flexible my boss is for letting me do half days while my mom is recovering.

PS--Today is Annie's birthday! She will get a post on here later.

No signature today for the same reason as my last post. :)

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better but sorry that none of you are getting sleep. That's no fun. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the afternoon girly!! XOXO

Mrs. S. said...

I hope your mom gets to feeling better fast so that she can enjoy the holidays. I know that it has to be hard when you feel icky.

I don't blame you for not wanting to wait on shopping. It is such a pain. I know I have a couple of last minute things to finish before Christmas. Most of my shopping was done online, which was helpful!