Tuesday, December 1, 2009

VACATION!!!

Happy Tuesday Readers! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did. The 6 day "staycation" was just what I needed. Here is a recap for you.

Tuesday: 1st day off. I slept in, cleaned out from under the bathroom sink (I have pictures, but it was just too messy to post). I also got 3 calls from work! One was rather important. It turns out that the summer intern "booked" and event for this week and I had no information on it! Anyway, I also watched a Clean House marathon and didn't get dressed until after 3:30 pm.

Wednesday: I slept in, then I went and met someone to drop something off. Then, I went to Barnes and Noble and bought The Plum Pudding Murder and took myself to a movie. I went and watched New Moon all by myself. I was actually proud for going alone. The theater was packed and every girl in there screamed when Taylor took his shirt off. I laughed my butt off at them. :)

Thursday: Watched the parade, the national dog show, and helped cook dinner. We fried our turkey this year in one of those special fryers and it was fantastic! After dinner, my parents and I went to see The Blind Side. That movie was incredible. If you really want to be inspired, go watch it. It was a story that needed to be told.



Friday: Mom and I went shopping at 8:00 am and stopped shopping 8 hours later (minus an hour for lunch). I was so happy because I got great deals and got a lot of people off my list. Friday evening was spent relaxing because I was tired from walking. I also learned that day that furniture shopping wears me out.

Saturday: I put up our Christmas decorations and it looks so great! If I could make a living by being a professional decorator, I would be the happiest person ever! I love decorating for the holidays. I even got a tree for the "dogs". It's pink and has my Barbie ornaments on it. Take a look:




Sunday: Got into creativity mode and made 2 wreaths that morning! One for the giveaway winner (I won't post hers until she gets it) and one for home. They look so great! I am very proud of them. I also went to Grandma's for a bit and then had dinner and games at Mrs. P's.



It was such a fun week and I was sad for it to end. This week is going to be busy for me and next week my mom has surgery, so I will be really busy. Oh, well. No worries.

3 comments:

Lin said...

What a great staycation! I need one.

I'm so proud of you for going to a movie by yourself. I've always wanted to do that but someone always wants to tag along, ie: the hubs. I prefer to get into a movie alone & not have anyone talking to me during it.

Gwen said...

I'm glad you had a great "staycation" and I love your decorations!!! I hope you have a fabulous week even though its busy and I'm sending prayers for your mom. XOXO

Mrs. S. said...

It sounds lke you had a wonderful staycation! The wreathe looks so good, too. I hope that your mom is okay!