Friday, December 11, 2009

Let Me Fill You In...

I am still alive! The event on Thursday went a lot better than expected. Besides a couple of hiccups, the guests were happy and everything was fine.

The other day, when it was something like 8 degrees outside, the heater in the office broke. For about 2 days, we heated the office with 5 space heaters. Now, there is a brand new heater that works pretty well.

My mom is home from the hospital. She no longer has the epidural and she is definitely feeling the pain now. They have her on 2 pain medications. She is up and moving, but very slowly. It took Dad and I both to get her into bed last night because she is so sore. The dogs were happy to see her though.

Isabelle threw up 3 times this morning. Gross. If there is anything that can make me gag terribly, it's dog vomit. The spots were huge too! I let the dogs out and she threw up at least 1 more time there. It took me a good 20-30 minutes to get it all cleaned up. It was quite the morning.

I still have the sniffles, but I am holding on.

This weekend is the big family Christmas dinner and I have to go and represent the three of us, since Dad will be working and Mom will be resting. No worries. Although, for some reason, the family thinks I can't cook or something because I am to bring pickles and olives. Fun. I am taking my Grandma so she doesn't have to drive and she can give me directions, since I forgot how to get there.

I got paid today and I know that by Monday, my whole check will be gone. I do get to go shopping. I will be finished with my Christmas gifts by the end of the weekend. (That's the plan anyway.)

I have already booked 2 weddings for next year today. That's exciting!

You will see that this post will not have my little signature picture because I am too lazy/tired to dig through my purse to find the flash drive that it's saved on.

Happy Friday! (Finally)

4 comments:

Lin said...

Congrats on booking 2 weddings for 2010, that's great! I dont get paid til next friday but I'm sure all my $ will be gone before Sunday, lol.

Hopefully you get all your shopping done!

Mrs. S. said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing okay. I am sure that it has been helpful that you have done so much for her while she has been recovering.

Hopefully you get to feeling better. No one likes to be sick during the holidays!

Gwen said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better and I hope you had a wonderful time at your family Christmas!!! XOXO

Kristin said...

Oh goodness. I hope your Mom is on the mend!