Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hospitals Wear Me Out

I am so tired already and it's only Wednesday. My poor mom can't get any rest because the nurses keep bugging her. They finally took her off the oxygen for a while and have unhooked the IV. That's good news. I will be going back again tonight for a while.

Sometimes, I wonder how moms do it. Taking care of my dad is tiring enough, then you add in dinner, lunches, laundry, house work, dogs, work, concern for mom, and other obligations and I am completely exhausted. It's not a lot of extra work for me, but I am just worn out. I think the hospital is playing a very large role in this.

Anyway, I was sitting in the office reading the blogs when I got this sudden feeling of nausea. I don't like that feeling. It's been about 20 minutes and it hasn't gone away. I can't get sick right now. I have the sniffles and I am worried. I have a vacation coming up and I can't take off work.

Tomorrow's event has me completely stressed out. It's a very high profile event with a lot of stuff going on and I am concerned it won't all fit in the room. We can't afford for this event to going wrong in any way. I know my staff is really good and will make it work. It's the size that I am concerned about. It went from and estimated 50-60 people to 100 in a matter of 2 weeks! I can't believe it! I hope everyone fits in the room with all the staff they have to have in there.

*fingers crossed*

Also, the heater in the office went kaput and our engineer is in the process of putting in a new one. Since I am right in front of the door and he keeps going in and out, I am almost numb. My little space heater isn't doing too well.

Oh please, help me get through this week!


5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Lin said...

Oh, I hope you're not getting sick. I have a terrible nasal thing going on & it sucks!

Glad your moms' doing well :)

The Pink Chick said...

Thinking of you! I hope you feel better and I hope your week gets better!

Gwen said...

Oh no...I hope you aren't getting sick. Maybe it's just from stress. I know when I feel overworked my body will do strange things. Still praying for your mom. Can't wait to hear how she is doing. XOXO

Together We Save said...

Hope you are feeling better.