Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Fun

Hello readers!
I am writing this post of the living room couch because...I'm on vacation!!! I am so excited! I will be on vacation until Jan. 1. I do have some work related things while I am off to prepare for a bridal show, but I am so so so excited for this relaxing time.

Which, but the way, it is very difficult to relax when you are trying to take care of a parent and they are constantly giving you things to do when all you want to do is absolutely nothing. The phone has rang more today than it has all week! It seems like at least twice every hour.
I was able to get a lot of sleep last night and I am so happy. I shut my curtains and even though I had both dogs in the bed with me, I slept very well.

I am going to Mrs. Ps tonight for our annual gift exchange. Yay! I realized the other day that I really need to get a little something extra for her to add to her gift. I hope I can find something today. We are going to have grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with soup for dinner. Mmm....

My mom and I made cookies last night. We made Almost Candy Bars and Monster Cookies. These are AMAZING!!! I hope to make Gingerbread Men today and we are going to make some sort of chocolate cookie too. I love baking and I am also going to try and make Dad a Mincemeat Pie for Christmas. He loves mincemeat pie. I don't really, but it will make him happy.



Almost Candy Bars (made with chocolate, butterscotch, coconut)




Monster Cookies (made with M&Ms, chocolate chips, oatmeal, peanut butter)


Don't they look delicious? Trust me, they are. :)

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Those look yummy!

Mrs. S. said...

Enjoy your vacation! I know that you deserve a few days off from work! I didn't get into all the baking this year. Maybe next year! Have a Merry Christmas!

Weeksie50 said...

Yummo!
I love anything with M&M's mixed in : )

Gwen said...

How did I miss this post? I hope you are enjoying your vacation and that you had a fabulous Christmas!!! XOXO