Thursday, December 17, 2009

Has it really been since Monday that I posted? Wow. I have been so busy this week. I am still taking care of Mom, who is having a terrible time sleeping and is still so sore. I wish there was something I could do to make the pain go away. She is taking 2 kinds of serious pain killers, and its not helping much.

I have a busy weekend at work this weekend. We have 5 events in 3 days. One of which is our company Christmas party, and I am pretty excited about it. I hope to really enjoy myself this year. The other events are good parties too. I have to work all night tomorrow because that event is one of our biggest and most important of the year. I hope all goes well because I really don't have a lot of energy.

I was able to wrap most of my gifts the other day. That accomplishment felt really good. All I have to wrap is mom's gifts and the dogs' gifts. Yippee!

I made cookies last night for the office Secret Santa exchange. I won't say who I got, but I am really excited about their gift. I hope they like it. The cookies turned out really well too. They are chocolate chip with regular chocolate and white chocolate chips!

I was told the the wreath I gave away not too long ago finally made it to its destination, and I would like to show you what I made:




It's so much prettier in person.


It seems that the last couple of weeks of the year are always some of the busiest of the year. I have so much work to do in 3 days! I go on "vacation" from the 23-31. Then, I have to come back on the 1st (which is a paid holiday) to work and get things ready for an event we have that night. I will be at work for 1 day and then it will be the weekend, and then I have a bridal show on that Sunday. It's weird.


Anyway, I guess I better get my work done. I have a lot to do today and only a few hours to do it. Happy Thursday!



2 comments:

Gwen said...

What a beautiful wreath!!! You are super talented!!!

I hope this weekend goes well and that your Mom starts to feel better soon.

Great job on getting wrapping done and making cookies. I need to get on the ball.

And...enjoy your time off for the holidays!!!

XOXO

The Pink Chick said...

The wreath you made is beautiful! You are so crafty!