Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ever Have One of Those Days?

Have you ever had one of those days where it starts off bad, gets worse, and then takes forever to end and you realize at the end of the day that you didn't get anything done? Yesterday was one of those days.

I woke up crabby, got on the scale and realized I gained 2 pounds over Thanksgiving, went off in a meeting because of miscommunication and disrespect, had a group show up 1.5 hours late to their event, then they proceeded to need more food (even though we had prepared for way more than they actually needed) then complain about me having to charge extra. Then, a couple of weeks ago, another manager mentioned that they were ordering more water glasses (the staff tends to brake a lot of them because they don't pay attention) and I asked them to order me 3 cases and they said "sure!". When I asked about them yesterday, they were never ordered! Now, my department has no water glasses because they were "borrowed" and never returned, or "borrowed" and broken, then never replaced. It flat out sucks!

Mom is worried about her surgery next week and the time after when she will be home and not able to do anything. So, that is weighing on my mind because things are going to be just fine and I need her to understand that.



It finally got better when I went to Grandma's and helped her put up her Christmas tree. Let me tell you, climbing up and down into the attic and carrying heavy boxes, and then squatting and standing to pick up ornaments has really taken toll on my butt and thighs. I am a little sore today. But, I feel good about it. The tree looks great and I think I may be able to work off the 2 pounds I gained over Thanksgiving.

I hope this day goes better because I don't think I can handle another shitty day during the wonderful and blessed week that women get every month. UGH.....
*sigh*

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Awe. I hope your day gets better too. I did have one of those days on Tuesday but I woke up this morning to a brand new Barbie with hands chewed off. Just think...at least you aren't that Barbie. :) XOXO

Sherrie said...

I have definitely had days like that! Hope today was better.

Mrs. S. said...

It's been one of those weeks here, too. I misplaced a check that Mr. S. gave me. It was thankfully mailed back to us! I dropped about 20 things this week. It has just been one of those weeks. I would like to just crawl in my bed this week and sleep. Then maybe next week will be better!

I hope that you have a good end to your week!