Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday Readers!

Today is by far one of the best Mondays I have had in a long time...so far. I already have payroll done, all my daily projects taken care of, and only 3 people to call. Wow!

First, I am not sure if I mentioned it and I am too lazy to go find out, but on Thursday, I put on a pair of jeans that are a size smaller than what I normally wear and they fit comfortably! I have them on again today. :)

Friday: Left work a little early to pick up some items for events this past weekend and then went home to take care of something personal that I can't really talk about yet. It was good though.

Saturday: Worked all day at an event. The group was fun and my girls who were working with me were awesome! I was able to step back and evaluate one of them by letting her act as manager. That evening, I met with some bed and breakfast owners to "pick their brains" about the business because I have learned that I am very interested in it. That was a fun meeting that included a glass, yes, just one glass, of wine. Hey, I had to drive a long way home.

Sunday: I was invited to the baby shower that was taking place at work, but the staff I had on hand were another great group and once again, I was able to step back and evaluate a different girl by letting her act as manager. It was so nice to be a guest and not have to worry. I am so proud of my girls.

The shower was interesting. There were 35 people there and I was the only one to give a real practical gift (that's me:)). The rest were toys and fun things for the baby's room. And books, lots of books. The invitation said to bring a book, but I forgot. It was also one of the fanciest baby showers I have ever been to.

This week is relatively slow at work, but busy in the personal world. A staff member and I are hosting a shower for another staff member in 2 weeks and I have to get the invitations sent out this week, as well as make the decorations, find a gift, and prepare the desserts I am supposed to make. I am also meeting some fellow local bloggers for lunch on Saturday and I am beyond EXCITED!!!!

How was everyone's weekend?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I'm so excited for Saturday too!!!

Glad youhad a great weekend this past one. :) XOXO