Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Recap...

Happy Monday Readers! I had such a great weekend. I didn't want it to end.

Friday: Took the day off. Enjoyed almost every last minute of it. Mom had an allergic reaction to some medicine (didn't know this at the time), so I spent the morning in the emerency room. Don't worry, everything is okay now. I found a terrific outfit to wear to my first black tie event and I looked amazing! Yes, I will say it again. I looked amazing! I got a lot of compliments and really enjoyed the event. I have never seen Halloween decor done elegantly. It was so cool! Before I left, the UPS guy dropped off a package for me. It was something I won in a giveaway at Clever Girl Goes Blog. It was a Twilight Pumpkin! There are 4 different Edward/Bella pictures on it and I think it is really cool! Check it out:

Thanks Tia!


Saturday: Got the wedding started off great. The banquet manager forgot she had to work, so I had to call her in. Grr... Anyway, I left and things went great. Just as I am pulling into town, Mrs. P calls me to tell me that the birthday party was over and they were leaving to go out of town. :( I was so sad that I didn't get to give the birthday boy his present on his actual birthday. Oh, well. I went home and got started on my costume (after getting things ready for the wiener roast). I went as......an 80s Rocker! My mom told me I looked trashy, but the costume was fun! I went into Grandma's house and helped pass out candy. We didn't get our first trick or treaters until 6:30 pm and I left a little before 8 and there were already 90 kids. Grandma called to say that she had to turn her lights off at 8 pm because she was out of treats. A total of 101 kids came to her door that night.

Purple fishnet tights, fingerless gloves, neon jewelry, hot pink leg warmers, black high heels, oversized shirt with the neck cut out, teased and hairsprayed hair, and blue and yellow eyeshadow. (Don't worry, I am wearing black shorts underneath.)

The wiener roast was a lot of fun. I was starving by the time I got there because I hadn't eaten since 11 that morning. I pigged out and really enjoyed the time with friends. After everyone left, we got everything cleaned up and got ready for bed. Did you remember to turn your clocks? I did! I love this time change by the way. The only thing I don't like about it is leaving work at 5 pm and it being dark outside. Oh, well, it makes my sleeping pattern better.


Sunday: Mom and I went to the annual craft fair with friends and stopped at IHOP on the way for breakfast. That was so much fun! I stuffed myself and had to walk off all the calories at the craft fair. We were a little disappointed in the fair this year. There weren't as many vendors as normal and the ones that were there were overrun by jewelry. It all looked the same and started to get boring. I did find my booth I go to every year for their homemade soaps. I LOVE homemade soaps and came home with 3 bars. I guess I didn't get anyone crossed off my list that day.


After the fair, the comforter from my bed, as well as the dogs' beds got washed. They had to be taken to the laundromat because they are too big for our washer. That took too long. Although, when I got home, I watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" and my normal Sunday shows (except for Tool Academy, I will watch that tonight).


It was such a great weekend and I was so happy! I hope the rest of the weekends are this nice.

5 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Love your costume! It looks great!!

Lin said...

You totally rocked that 80's look!

Glad you had a great weekend. Mine was sorta lame, with the exception of the washer incident (you know, you read it), lol. We had a ton of kids come for candy too but still had some left.

Kristin said...

Not trashy at all. Totally cute. LOVE the legwarmers!

Tia said...

yay! glad you like the pumpkin!

your costume is awesome.

Gwen said...

I love the 80s look!!! So fun!!! I'm glad you had a great weekend. :) XOXO

P.S. Sent you an email a few minutes ago. :)