Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reflections: Mary Kay

"If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before."--Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992
I began my Mary Kay career 5 years ago this past July. I received my 5 year pin and everything. However, I have nothing to show for it. I have a bunch of literature and supplies, but very little inventory. Why? Because I can't afford inventory. I also haven't done a class since April. I am barely receiving reorders. There are about 4 women who consistently order with me. My customer list was once over 45 people. I even had 3 team members, but they all quit. Sad, I know.

I love Mary Kay. I love everything about it. The products, the company, the philosophy, the career opportunity. Everything! I love meeting with my fellow consultants every week, but I haven't been to a meeting since July. I love going to seminar in Dallas, but I have only been twice. I miss it. A lot...

Until I get to know someone, I am a very shy and introverted person. I have a very high "C" personality. That doesn't help when you want to work your business. I have always wanted to do Mary Kay full time. Ever since I started. I wanted to move up in the company, be my own boss, and own my own business. I love every aspect of it and I want to live the life it can create. I am just too shy to get out there and do it.

You all know how I feel about phone calls. I also have a demanding job sometimes that doesn't allow me a lot of extra time. I also don't make enough to support a good inventory of product. Then, I am afraid to work the business because my customers would have to wait for me to order their products. Not good.

I really truly love and miss my Mary Kay business. I need to sit down and make a plan. "Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan". If I want to live the life Mary Kay can provide, I need to work it as a business and not a hobby. If only I can break through that shy barrier and just do it.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I totally know what your going through, I'm super shy too. I'm rarely the first person to speak when meeting someone for the first time & this get in the way of so many things. It sucks.

My mother in law is in the Mary Kay business & she loves it just as much as you do. She went to Dallas last year & she was in heaven. I hope you eventually find the time & become less shy to work on your business :)

Gwen said...

I wish there was something I could tell you to help you come out of your shell. I know that if anything can help you do that talking to people while selling Mary Kay would be it!!! Well...that and meeting with me in a week!!! YAY!!!! I'm so excited. :) XOXO