Friday, November 20, 2009

Fun and Creative

Last night, I was able to be creative a little bit. I am co-hosting a baby shower this weekend and I decided I wanted to make a diaper cake. I have never made one before, only seen pictures. So, I went out and got all the cute stuff for it and set to work last night. By the way, you should have seen me trying to buy diapers. I have never bought diapers before and was totally confused for a bit.


Anyway, as I was getting going, I was completely blown away by how small the diapers were. They were for newborns, and they were as big as my hand. I have very small hands.




By the way, may hands aren't nearly as fat as they look.


So, I rolled and rubberbanded, stacked and wrapped, decorated and squealed, and this is the final result:


Bottom: 41 diapers; Middle: 21 diapers; Top: 8 diapers



I was so proud of myself. I did this all for about $30 and without any instructions. What do you think? I think it is absolutely adorable. (and the diapers have baby Sesame Street characters on them, so cute) Also, the parents-to-be can use everything on this cake. There are diapers, diaper rash cream, washcloths, teething rings, rubber ducky, ribbon and rubberbands. (There's more on the backside.)


2 comments:

Gwen said...

This is absolutely wonderful!!! I've always wanted to make one of these so I'll definitely have to do it for the next baby shower I'm invited too. :) XOXO

Lin said...

omg..it turned out great!

Good job :)