Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reflections: Reality TV

"If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before."--Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992
I am a fan of some reality TV. It helps me to escape my actual reality. I have certain shows I watch. Two of which are really trashy. I have reality TV nights at home and they are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Everyday after that is whatever I choose to watch (which usually ends up being Will and Grace or House Hunters on DVR)
My Sunday Night Shows:







I started watching Bridezillas for "research" for work. I love that show can can't get enough of it. I love watching the wedding shows to gain ideas on events and to watch the people. Sometimes those shows are super funny and others it's like: "seriously?"

Tool Academy is a show I started watching because one of my former staff members made a cameo appearance on it. I got hooked and have watched it every week since his Episode 4 appearance. We are now down to the final 3 and I have to admit, I like the ones that are left. This past week, I was so excited for the Douchebag of all Douchbags to finally go home! This is what a real douchebag looks like:

Monday Night Show:


I love this show! I have always thought it would be cool to take dance lessons and then compete. I didn't watch the first season and only watched it intermittently for the next couple. It has become a reality TV staple these past 3 seasons.
Last night, I was sad to see Melissa go home, she was one of my favorites. The dance off was interesting and I loved the dance marathon on Monday night. I can't wait to see who wins.

Tuesday Night Shows:
Dancing with the Stars: Results and The Biggest Loser

I LOVE the Biggest Loser! It is one of my favorite shows and I cannot miss an episode. I didn't watch the first season because I didn't really know what it was about, but I have been following this show ever since. I get so inspired watching the contestants and I have decided that if I ever got on the show, I would want Jillian as my trainer. She kicks A$$! I remember the season when Kim became the Red Team Trainer and then there was the surprise Black Team. That was one of the best seasons yet!

I was actually kind of mad with last night's elimination. Daniel is playing the game and really pissing me off that he has thrown 3 weigh ins in a row and has still managed to stay on. Come on, he should be one of the best out there! We will see where this goes, but I must say on more thing, Tracy is crazy and I am sick of seeing her face! She's like Vicki from 2 seasons ago. She won't go away!

The winter time is American Idol time. I am looking forward to that too.
These shows are just television shows, but they help me escape for a while and clear my head. I know, I live a pretty exciting life at the beginning of the week. (Don't judge me!)
I have another post for today (or maybe tomorrow) so stay tuned for something a little different.

Happy Wednesday!
ETA: This is a long a$$ post! Sorry.





2 comments:

Tia said...

i LOVE dancing with the stars.

and i'm also loving your pumpkin-y background. very cute.

Mrs. S. said...

I do love reality TV. My DVR works overtime some nights (like last night!). I love The Biggest Loser (and I am mad that Abby went home!!!) and So You Think You Can Dance. Great shows!