Monday, October 26, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again

"If winter is slumber and spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It's a time of year when the leaves are down and the harvest is in and the perennials are gone. Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it's time to reflect on what's come before."--Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Thanksgiving, 1992

I found this quote about this time last year and I love it! It's so true. I find myself reflecting on everything this time of year. There has been a lot on my mind lately. I have so many things going through my head that I have been reflecting on, I can't seem to make since of anything. I am going to try and address some of those things here on my blog, so please bear with me. I am hoping that blogging about things will help me make since of them. If you feel so inclined, feel free to comment. I always love getting comments.

My first reflection: This Blog

I love my blog. I never thought I would have one. In fact, I made fun of those who did. Although, always loved my journal. Anyway, I love writing for my blog, even it if is such meaningless, and sometimes ridiculous things. It's my life.

I also love reading the blogs of others. All of them that you see on the left of my page here, I read every time they are updated. I don't physically know anyone here (except for one), but I feel like I do. I love reading the stories, commenting when appropriate, and getting to know another person through a different form of social media. There are some that I would absolutely LOVE to meet in person, but our geographical locations doesn't make that that a possibility right now.

The blog is a way for me to clear my head and try an organize my thoughts. I have so much going through my head so many times throughout the day, its like my mind won't shut off sometimes.

Some of you may be thinking, Wait, you aren't married, you don't have a boyfriend, you don't have any kids, what on earth could you be so preoccupied with? I know, it seems weird that I don't have a lot going on in my life. What I do have takes a lot of energy. I come here to try and escape. I have spoken about a lot of different things on this blog over the past year and some of them will come up again in this reflection stage of the year.

Right now, I am just going to enjoy my blog and the blogs of others. I am even thinking of getting a blog face lift! That would be exciting.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I haven't scared you away. These reflections post may not always be funny or inspiring, but it's still me. Complete with Attitude.

Happy Monday!


2 comments:

Gwen said...

Awe...I love reading your posts!!! I'm so glad you keep coming back for your escape!!! XOXO

Mrs. S. said...

It is a nice escape, I agree. I think that it has really been a great place to even reconnect and then to meet a lot of people that have great ideas!