Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend Recap...

Hello Readers!

Yes, I am at work on Labor Day. I am leaving early, so it doesn't totally suck. Anyway, on with the weekend.
Friday: I had to work, but I was able to go home and celebrate my parent's anniversary afterward. I had to stay late because there was a wedding where the bride was 45 minutes late. She did show up though.

Saturday: Guess what? I had to work! I came in to help with a wedding proposal, and set up for a rehearsal dinner. There were 2 no call/no shows on my staff, so I was pissed. I left, but came back in when I heard that things weren't going well. I stayed and closed the event after I sent my manager home with the reminder that I can't read minds and if help is needed, I need to know right away. I got home after 11 pm that night.

Sunday: Guess What? I had to work! I had a meeting, and then there was a very large wedding. And guess what? I had a no call/no show! Yep, you guessed it, I had to stay and help with the wedding. It was insane! I was already mad when I heard that someone hadn't come in, then there was a dog in my banquet room, the bride was a bitch, the bridal party was going behind the bar and serving themselves drinks, they brought in a case of beer (totally not allowed), the setup was "wrong" and the bride told me one hour before her ceremony that she had more people coming after dinner! To top it all off, there was a break in in the parking lot, so I spent almost 2 hours dealing with that. I got home around 9 pm last night.

Now, I am sitting here, enjoying the silence in the office (no phones, only one coworker), but I won't be here for long. I did have to help clean the men's bathroom this morning. Oh. My. God. It was unbelievable! Someone had a few too many and totally let loose in the toilet. I will spare you the details, but just think, it was all over the place! Gross.

Happy Monday!


2 comments:

Lin said...

Wow, now that's a weekend. Sucks that you had to work but at least it was eventful, lol.

Hope you're half-day Monday goes better!

Gwen said...

That sucks that you had to work all weekend long but at least it was busy. Slow work days are the worst. I hope you get to enjoy this upcoming weekend work free. XOXO