Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Recap...

It's lunchtime here in the office and I am sitting here, reading blogs, decorating my own, and of course, eating my lunch. I thought that I would give you a weekend recap, since it was so fabulous!

Friday: I got to relax that evening. This means, lots of junk food and DVR Will and Grace shows! It was such a great night!

Saturday: You can look at my last post to see what the day was like. We did end up going to the fair. We got there later in the day, so there wasn't as much of a crowd. We walked the entire fair and then made our way to a small "bar" to listen to the live music. During the walk, the dark clouds started closing in and it POURED!! I mean, POURED rain for about 1.5 hours straight! We had a good time though and when the rain let up, we made our way out and had dinner at a fantastic BBQ place. The waitress was so great and fun! She basically ordered for us because there was so much on the menu, we didn't know what to get. That night was another good night.

Sunday: I cleaned the house in the morning, rested in the afternoon, and then got ready for a meeting at work (yes on Sunday) for 5 pm. We had a very important group coming for dinner that night (basically, it was a way for me to wow them and get them to book events with me) at 7 pm. I got to work 2 hours early, just to find out that my meeting didn't show. So frustrating. I got to the office on Monday morning and the girl had sent me an email (no phone call) on Sunday morning saying that she wasn't going to make it. Why do you think I would be in the office on Sunday? Especially when I told her that I would be at work that day for an evening event. (not morning). Oh, well. The event that night went really well.

When I left to come home on Sunday, it was the first time I had driven my new car at night! It was so great to be able to see, even without my brights on (my old car had very dim lights, even when on bright). I now know that the dashboard lights of my car are the cool blue/green color and not one vehicle behind me blinded me with their headlights because my mirror is tinted so that it dims them. YAY!


Happy Tuesday everyone!


4 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Yay for good weekends and new cars!

Mrs. S. said...

It sounds like you had a super busy-but good-weekend. Glad to hear the new car is wonderful!

Sherrie said...

Congrats on the car. That is so exciting!

Gwen said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend (besides the no show lady). I used to have the tinting rear view mirror in my Jeep and I sure do miss it. LOL!!! XOXO