Saturday, August 1, 2009

One of the Best Birthday's Ever!

On July 23, I turned 25. Yep, I have reached quarter life (stay tuned for a realization). My mom and I spend the time together, just her and me. We haven't spent my birthday with just the two of us in a long time. It was so great! The best birthday in years!

We went to St. Louis for an overnight stay. We went to the St. Louis Zoo and got to see a lot of animals, all of whom were active (they usually aren't in the middle of summer). There were 5 tiger cubs that were 1 year old. Tigers are my FAVORITE animal. They were so playful and fun to watch.


After the zoo, we went to one of my favorite restaurants, the Old Spaghetti Factory. That was so delicious! In the time that we were there, there were 5 other birthdays besides mine. It was fun to see everyone clapping, singing, eating, and enjoying themselves.

After dinner, mom and I took a cab back to the hotel, had a night cap, watched America's Funniest Home Videos in our suite, and slept a great night's sleep in the fluffy beds of the Sheraton Hotel.

The next morning, we watched from our window the city life (it was Friday morning) as everyone was going to work and school.
We had such a great time. While at the zoo was when I found out I was approved for the new car.

This was by far one of the best birthdays ever! Those 2 days were exactly what I needed to get out of my funk. (along with some serious self-evaluation, but that's another story).

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Marissa {sparkles and fate} said...

I love the beds at the Sheraton!

Lin said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a great birthday. There's nothing worse than having a crappy b-day so yay for you & your new car :)

Lady Jane said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Spending it with your mom is pretty special and turning 25 is monumental. Congrats

AG said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like it was really fun. :)