Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lunchtime Visitor

Here is a little anecdote for you.

Yesterday, Intern and I were going to lunch and when she opened the passenger door of my car, there was a BIG BLACK SNAKE!! In my car! He was at least 1 inch in diameter and about 3 feet long. We both freaked out and he ended up slithering up under my hood somewhere.

We left and went to lunch in her car and when we came back, I looked under my hood and found him (just barely) curled up under a plastic cover where my windshield meets the hood. BB had pulled up just then and he tried to get it out with a stick, but couldn't, and the snake slithered somewhere else. He drove my car looking in the mirrors to see if he would fall out, but nothing.

We haven't seen him since, but I am worried he is still there. I checked both doors and under my seats this morning before driving. I didn't have any problems yesterday on the way home, but it still worries me.

I don't do creepy crawly things.


5 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Aaaaah! How scary! At least he is non-poisonous, but still! You poor thing. I hope he is gone for good!

Mrs. S. said...

Eeek!

AG said...

Yuck! I do not enjoy that either.

Gwen said...

OMG!!! I hate snakes in cars!!! I have a snake/car story!!! When I was preggo with Ellie (we're talking big pregnant) I drove to my Dad's house and opened the door to see a giant snake wrapped around the door hinge. I took off running/crying/screaming all at the same time and started having trouble breathing. It took them (Dad & Brian) a while to get out of me what was wrong. Worst part...that damn snake tried to bite Brian. I can only imagine what would have happened had I saw it when I was alone. GULP. I'm sure your snake snuck away while you weren't looking but I get your nervousness!!! XOXO

Lin said...

Eww...I had a spider in my car once. I tried to kill it but it got away & I was so grossed out at the thought of it maybe crawling on me while driving. Gross...