Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Budget

If you were to scroll down to "The Essence of Life" in my sidebar, and click on "budget", you would realize that the budget I set for myself is very strict and a huge part of my life. Because of this budget, I was able to pay off 3 of 5 credit cards, a lot of medical bills, and begin to curb my shopping habit.

Well, I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to join a gym. It wasn't in my budget, but I joined last week. I had my fitness assessment on Tuesday (that is a whole other post). I also went shopping a lot in the last couple of weeks. That wasn't in the budget either, but I did it.

Basically, I have fallen off the wagon and I am trying to get back on. I need to make adjustments to the budget, rearrange some things and really focus on this again. I was doing so well, but life was calling for a little retail therapy.

I'm a little disappointed with myself, but I know things will get better. I am going to try really hard and not try to pay my credit cards off so soon, but try to save more so I can get a new car. We shall see.

Wish me luck!


No comments: