Monday, June 29, 2009

At the Water Park

You see all kinds of people at the water park. We went on Saturday to one and had a great time! The temperature was scorching and the sun was way too hot, but we still had a good time. I piled on the sunblock all throughout the day, but still ended up with a little bit of a burn.

Dad and I went down all the slides at least twice each. Then we hung out on the lazy river and had fun in the wave pool (once all the little kids were gone).

Now, on to the visual experience. Like I said, you see all kinds of people at the water park. Women who obviously didn't try on their swimsuits to see if they would fit; girls who need to eat a sandwich, girls who should say no every once in a while. Men with their shorts below their huge beer guts, and the peacock men. (You know what I'm talking about, the men who stick out their chests and butts and strut around. The girl who refused to sit down, and the women who never got up from the lounge chair. The kids who think its cool to run on the pool deck, and the boys who raced face first down the slides. The tween girls who need to learn to shave their bikini area, and the women who tan too much. The parents who are smart the put their young ones in life jackets, the parents who think a swim suit styled after the one Paris Hilton wore in her Hardees commercial is appropriate for young girls who are extremely overweight (News Flash!! It's NOT!). There's the men with farmer's tans and the women with absolutely no butt. The girls who think they are all that, and the men who think so too.

I find it hilarious that the 80's are making a comeback in fashion. I saw so many neon swimsuits on Saturday that it brought back such wonderful memories from my childhood. I walked around the gift shop and notice JELLYS! How cool is that?




3 comments:

Marissa said...

Ha ha great observations :)

The Pink Chick said...

I went to the beach this weekend and had some of the very same observations!!! :)

Gwen said...

I love people watching and never thought that the water park would be a great place to do it. I think I might have to take Ellie to Oceans of Fun soon. LOL!! Glad you had a great weekend!!! XOXO