Monday, May 18, 2009

Letting Go

This past weekend I decided to "let go".

Let me explain a little bit here. I am a control person. I hate not being in control and worry about things at work if I am not in control. I don't even like to be the passenger in a car.

Well, after talking with the boss about how stressed I have been, he told me I need to learn to let go of the events and let the manager take over so I don't stress all the time. I would love to go home on the weekends and "be home" and not worry about when my phone will ring.

So, I sat and talked with the manager and told her everything. Then, I said, I will not be here this weekend and only call me if there is an absolute emergency and left it at that. I "let go" of the control. I was on edge all day on Saturday because of a wedding we had, but I managed to get through.

I got a phone call on Sunday because I had accidentally overlooked the small detail of when the client wanted the food served and there was a little problem that was fixed before the manager even had to call me. It ended up being just a courtesy call. That was nice.

I came in this morning with only 4 phone calls to return and the space was cleaned and all together and everything was all right. I think I need to let go more often. In case you can't tell, I am in a terrific mood today. I feel so good!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for letting go! I have the same problem!

The Pink Chick said...

Good for you! I need to learn to let go too! I am the worst about worrying about things-even if the things are beyond my control!

Gwen said...

Good for you!!! You need to me to let go. As my Grandma says...Let Go and Let God. :) XOOX