Monday, January 5, 2009

Dont' Say I Didn't Warn You

Okay, this one is long.

I worked a full 8-hour day on Sunday for a bridal show about an hour from home for work. It was a fantastic show, but was really cramped and crowded. I spoke to about 100 brides and hope to book about 20 of them. That will get me closer to one of my work related goals for the year. When I was carting my stuff into the building, I hit a curb and everything fell off. Everything. Thankfully, there was a nice man near by who helped me get it all into the building. After the show, I stacked the cart better and made it all the way to the car without a problem. The vendors had to park 3 blocks away for this show, so that was so not fun walking in the cold back to my car, although, before the show, there was a limo shuttle I got to ride in for about 1 minute, and it was awesome! I took a 1 hour bath last night to relax and am so exhausted today. I get to leave early on Friday though, so I am happy about that.

I was really sick on Saturday. I was so tired and had no energy and my stomach was really upset. I don't understand why I have been sick so much lately, since I have a pretty good immune system. Anyway, I felt better on Sunday and still feel good today, even though I am hungry.

The dogs are really driving my crazy right now. They like to sleep in my bed and I enjoy the extra heat in the winter, but who knew that a 12lb dog and a 15 lb dog could take up so much space when I take up a good portion of the bed. My full-sized bed just isn't big enough. They curl up so close that they are almost on top of me and then pin the covers around me so I can't move. It's really annoying. The other morning, I woke up with my lower half hanging off the bed! That pissed me off. I pushed them off me and they will growl for disturbing their sleep, and I have to remind them, it's my bed.

As much as I want to get the books full for the year at work, the constantly ringing phone is getting on my nerves a little. I have had so many calls today, and it isn't even lunchtime yet. To make it more annoying, I spend a long time going over every detail with these people (some more that once or twice) and they still haven't booked!

For the past year, the fan on my heating/air in my car has been on the fritz. It will work only on super high and off. I have been putting off fixing it because I was told it was going to cost around $150. Well, I finally broke down on Friday and took it in. It was the blower motor and only cost $88 to fix. Sweet! I have to say, I am enjoying the multiple speeds on my heating now.

I have really made the decision to work hard at getting back into shape because this morning, I bent down and ripped the slit in my brand new skirt! That was a wonderful start to the morning.

If you have been looking around my blog, you may have noticed a few new things. New background is one of them. Then, I have added on the right, as section titled: "Heard Through the Grapevine". I work at a winery, and as you know, I work with some really (dumb) interesting people who say some things sometimes that are just blog worthy. Keep checking back for more conversations. I have also added a section that is more beneficial for me, but you may enjoy it. It is called: "This Week's Favorite Thing." When life sometimes gets to me, I like to think of my favorite things. Cliche, I know. But, you may see some of these things pop up in posts and future giveaways. I also gave myself a profile photo. Cool, huh?

I am debating whether or not to do a monthly giveaway here on my blog. I am a giving person and it makes me happy to give to others and see them happy. What do you think? Should I do it?

Since I have a lot to do today, I should probably get to work. Thanks for sticking around and reading this extremely long post. I really appreciate it.

No comments: