Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend Recap...

Okay, so I couldn't come up with a more interesting title. This one is so boring, but it pretty much sums up this post.

Friday: HUGE client at work! Big party, top dollar. One staff member didn't tell me he was leaving early and wouldn't be at work, then the one filling in was over 1 hour late. Yeah, that made me nervous, but I think things went well. I didn't get any phone calls that night.

Saturday: Family Christmas dinner. Mom and I played hostess and Dad even came to eat and was social. He usually doesn't go to these things. It was kind of frustrating to have a few people show up 2 hours early, but it all worked out. We draw names with the extended family and I loved my gift. I have been asking for a new CD case for my car for 3 years! Literally, 3 years. This year, I finally got it. Yay! Side note: I think it would be better if some people would try to do a separate gift exchange for their other family gifts that doesn't involve confusing the hostess and all the kids by having 20 more gifts than necessary at the family dinner.

Sunday: SHOPPING!! That was so much fun. I went out by myself and enjoyed the whole day. I got the last little things taken care of and finished wrapping all my gifts (even the dogs') I visited with a friend and then had to do payroll for work. That sucked. I feel bad for the office manager who has to drive 55 miles on a Sunday night to turn in the payroll to the company 2 days early the week of a major holiday. Then, the boys confused me and made things difficult. Ugh, go figure.

All weekend: It is flipping bitter and freezing here in the Midwest. I wouldn't mind so much if there was pretty snow on the ground, but no, it's just really cold. Biting cold.

There isn't a lot going on at work this week and I really wanted to take the whole week off, but I only get Wed.-Fri. Oh well.

I decorated my blog for Christmas. I like it so much and added a wonderful picture of Isabelle from last year to help everyone enjoy the holiday more.

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I agree, the cold is a little much right now. Bleh.