Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Wonderful Mrs. P

It's been a week, and I feel much better. Thanks to my best friend, Mrs. P.

This was an actual conversation that took place last Tuesday...

Me: "I think I am depressed."
Mrs. P: "What makes you say that?"
Me: "I want to curl up under the covers and not see anyone, not talk to anyone, not do anything. I force myself everyday to get up and get dressed."
Mrs. P: "Okay."
Me: "I don't enjoy doing the things I used to do for fun anymore."
Mrs. P: "Like what?"
Me: "Reading, walking the dog, playing with the dogs, working out, shopping."
Mrs. P: "The shopping one is what worries me."
Me: "I hate myself and my body."
Mrs. P: "I am a fellow body hater and how about together we change that. After the eating season, of course."

(Insert a long conversation filled with insight, laughter, and a fun game of Scrabble.)

Since that night, I have felt so much better about myself and different aspects of my life. I'm not great yet, but I feel much better. Mrs. P, thank you so much for being you. Your intelligence and sarcastic wit are things that always make me smile. You are a wonderful mom, great wife, and a terrific best friend. It's amazing that we can be such great friends, even though we are so different. You are the best!

P.S. October 1 to January 1 will forever be known as

"The Eating Season".



1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well right now. I blame it on the weather and being close to the 25 age. I think we are just at that point where we are transitioning in age and things are different. I hope that after this wonderfully named, Eating Season, that things get better for you. We will have to go and do lunch soon so that we can chat. It may be a few weeks, but soon! :)