Tuesday, December 6, 2016
1. My play opens in 2 days!
2. I love having all my Christmas trees up! The decorations make me so happy.
3. My Christmas shopping this year is not going as planned. This is a little frustrating and very stressful. Seriously, next year, I should start shopping in May.
4. Hahaha! True...so true...
5. You know, I've never built a gingerbread house. I'd love to do that sometime, but I don't think I have time this year. What do you do with it once it's built?
6. I've been reading the same book now for something like three weeks. It's only 266 pages long, but started as a very slow read. I'm just a little over halfway now and it's picking up. I hope it gets better.
7. In the next 7 days, I have the following: a baby shower, three Christmas parties, 4 shows, plus a shift at my part time job. Isn't the holiday season just crazy busy?!
8. Out of curiosity, I wrote out my schedule/plans for the rest of the day and every minute (literally) of my day is planned until I go to bed tonight; hopefully around 11:15 pm. That is, of course, if my estimated timing isn't off and rehearsal doesn't run really late tonight like last night did.
9. It's really irritating when you give people a deadline to purchase tickets and they pay no attention to that. For a party coming up this Friday, tickets were to be purchased by last Friday. On that day, we had sold 56 tickets. Today, we have sold a total of 92 tickets. It's really annoying when you have to work with the caterer to increase your guest count even after you estimated high. I've been on both sides of this situation (as the caterer and the client) and it sucks either way.
10. I could use a nap.
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
1. Yesterday, I had ideas for this post. I did not write them down, so I don't remember them now.
2. So, I got iTunes and am now in the process of uploading all my old CDs so I can listen to them again. It's amazing how diverse my music is.
3. Okay everyone, it's been two weeks since the election. Let's all move on with our lives and stop being rude to each other.
4. While at the theater on Sunday, I saw a preview for the new Power Rangers Movie! Immediate flashbacks to an awesome childhood show. I can't wait to see it.
5. Once again, I'm disappointed with the Pinterest humor page.
6. Totally. Although, I have to come in for half a day on Wednesday.
7. My plan for this weekend, besides decorating, cooking, eating, and working, is to watch the entire Star Wars Saga. I've never seen all the movies and I'm excited to watch them.
8. A little known fact...
9. Just for fun, here is a picture of a hot guy.
10. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 21, 2016
I really do enjoy these weekend recap posts. They really help me remember what I do from week to week.
Friday: I had rehearsal in the evening. We usually don't have rehearsal on Friday, but this time, we were working with an improv instructor from a couple hours away. I've never done improv before; I'm usually really shy and the whole idea set my introvert anxiety on high alert. I'm happy to report that by the end of the night, I was having a good time.
Saturday: I worked a long shift during the day. When I first arrived, I was immediately approached by 3 different customers, which means I didn't get a chance to mentally prepare myself for the day. Sadly, I was not on the top of my game that morning. Things got a little better by the afternoon, but it still wasn't my best performing day. After work, I stopped in Hobby Lobby looking for specific ornaments and I must say, I was greatly disappointed in the selection that was left. There were tons of ornaments to choose from, however, I couldn't find the right Santa face I was looking for. I did manage to pick up the supplies I needed to make some ornaments for my HP tree. The rest of the evening was spent drinking wine and making my first ever mesh ribbon wreath. It didn't turn out too bad, but they're still not my style. I find them a little tacky, but hopefully, my sister likes it. That's all that matters.
Sunday: I worked a shorter day and am very happy to report that the day was much better for me this time! The day was great, actually! I've learned that I am a much better performer when I'm helping out someone else. I spent a lot of the day helping a new employee. I crafted my ornaments in the afternoon before going to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them with Mrs. P. in the evening. The movie was awesome!! Even though, there was a part of it I found kind of creepy, but still cool. I didn't know what to expect, but really enjoyed the movie.
Now it's back to the daily grind for three days before the holiday. I got this.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
1. I've suddenly got an urge to start decorating for Christmas. I wonder if it's because my schedule is so busy? This has initiated a battle with my personal rule to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate.
2. Speaking of Thanksgiving...are you surprised that it's next week?
3. My Harry Potter tree is nowhere near ready yet. I've only just started, so maybe I should finish gathering the decorations for that one before getting everything out.
4. I managed to cross another person off my shopping list this week. How are you coming along on your holiday shopping?
5. Over the weekend, I finally organized my freezer. It's amazing how cluttered a small freezer can get. I found a whole chicken I had forgotten I had! And I definitely wasn't using the door the best way. The casserole in there right now is for dinner tomorrow. I'm not ashamed to say that I periodically went back to the freezer just to look at it.
6. I don't usually post this many photos in a Ten on Tuesday post....
7. Remember when I mentioned my personal computer was broken? I took it in and they had to completely wiped the hard drive clean and reinstall the operating system. Total cost is only $50, so that's a lot better than replacing the entire thing.
8. Any good advice for asking businesses for gift donations?
9. This makes me laugh
10. That's it. I'm out.
Monday, November 14, 2016
This past weekend was awesome! It was one of those rare weekends this time of year where I didn't have to work or run anywhere. I had a big long list of things I wanted to get done around my apartment. Things I have been completely distracted by.
Friday: On Thursday, I had a feeling I should look at the schedule app we have for my part time job. It's a good thing I did too, because my original plans to sit on the couch with Melody and a bottle of wine were wiped out due to work. However, I do appreciate the extra hours; I do have gifts to buy and bills to pay. I closed that night, so I came home around 10 pm and almost instantly fell asleep.
Saturday: Melody had an early grooming appointment and while she was there, I cleaned my apartment and got some gift supplies at Michael's. I also ran to the grocery store and only spent $10.27! That's a big deal to me. I finished my current book and started another. I'm only one book away from accomplishing my goal! I know there were a few other little things I did that day, but I can't remember them right now. In the evening I cooked dinner and welcomed Mr. and Mrs. P for perhaps the most important task of the weekend; helping me memorize my lines. After a lot of laughter, two bottles of wine, and a fair share of curse words, I am pretty confident in my ability to go to rehearsal without using my book. There are three places I have trouble with, so I will concentrating on those extra hard.
Sunday: Another productive day that included ironing, organizing (finally!) my freezer and pantry cabinet, putting away my patio umbrella, reading a lot, and cooking an appetizer for a training session I had at work. I decided to take the afternoon easy since I had accomplished so much. It felt so good to finally get these tasks crossed off my to-do list. Now, they aren't nagging at me anymore.
How was your weekend?