Wednesday, May 24, 2017
1. Our biggest conference of the year at work took place last week. It went really well, although I am still trying to catch up on my energy. It left me extremely exhausted, especially since I had to work my second job over the weekend.
2. I realized over the weekend that it has been four full weeks since I cleaned my apartment. Gross. I would love for someone to come clean it for me.
3. I made a bench cushion this weekend for a new patio bench I have and I can't wait to show you the finished product. I'm waiting until I get more potting soil to finish planting my flowers. Then I will do a whole patio reveal.
4. If only this excuse would work.
5. Don't you hate it when you immediately respond to someone's email with a question and they don't take the second to read your email? Instead, you wait 20 minutes.
6. It seems when I delete one email, three more will take it's place. I've accomplished Inbox Zero on numerous occasions. I will do it again.
7. I recently purchased a curling iron for the first time. Ok, technically, I purchased a hair dryer and got the curling iron for free. I've used it once. My hair doesn't hold curl very well without a lot of hair spray, which is not my favorite product. It took me 45 minutes to curl my hair and by noon it has already started to fall. This is after I cut 8 inches off my hair.
8. I want to get a new cell phone cover. I wonder if I can find a really cool one.
9. Next week, I'm planning a stay-cation. This is a much needed treat. Time to rest, get some things done I've been putting off, but most importantly, resting.
10. This weekend is my mom's birthday! :)
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
1. I am so very tired. This right here, is no joke. This is an everyday occurrence.
2. Remember how I had 2 crochet projects going? Yep. Still haven't picked them up. It's been months. Starting to feel a little guilty and having some withdrawals.
3. Last week, I wore a dress to work. A simple black faux wrap dress. The response: 50% "you look nice today", 50% "you're all dressed up (why?)". Seriously, I should just go to work in sweatpants. The reason for the dress? I didn't want to wear slacks that day.
4. Its that time of year again for annual reviews. Yay.
5. Does anyone have a good audiobook recommendation?
6. My new favorite website.
7. It would be so totally awesome if I could go on a shopping spree! So many of my clothes don't fit me right anymore and I am in almost desperate need of shoes.
8. I think I am the only person I know that can open a bag of Gardetto's and not eat a single rye chip. Those things are gross. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, the rye chips are the brown chips in the bag.
9. I want to send out a Happy Birthday to Mrs. P! Her birthday was Sunday. Go say hi!
10. And that's all I have for you today.
Monday, April 24, 2017
I tallied all the hours I worked last week and I worked over 60 hours between my full time job, my part time job, my MK business, and two pet sitting jobs. This does not include travel time. No wonder I'm tired.
Friday: I took off work a little early to help out another department close down a big event they have every year. It's always a fun time, even if it is crazy busy. Afterward, I checked on the cat I was siting, then rushed home to pack a bag and grab Melody because I decided to spend the weekend with my mom while my dad was camping. That night, we ate delicious Chinese food and watched a movie.
Saturday: I had to work the afternoon/evening so the morning time was low key, but I did check on the cat first before going in to work. The shift I worked wasn't too bad, but it would have been nice if we had a few more customers and were a little busier in the store. Thank goodness my shift wasn't too long though. I made it back to the house around 6 pm and spent the rest of the night watching more movies and some Family Guy. I absolutely love lazy evenings!
Sunday: I worked all day long! I had a 7 hour shift, which thankfully wasn't too bad as we had stuff to do, but we didn't have enough customers to keep the activity steady. The last hour I was there was rough because I was starting to hit a wall because I was so tired. Also, I did something last week to my back and it has been so sore and aching from the top of my neck, through my shoulders, all the way down to my lower back. It's difficult to bend over or turn my head certain ways. I had dinner with my parents and when I came home I had to make brownies for an event the next day, so while they were baking, I used my heating pad while watching some Home Improvement. I ended up staying up way later than I wanted to.
This morning was rough going and isn't getting any better. I need a stay-cation where I can sleep and rest for a few days. Too bad something like that won't happen until Memorial Day weekend. I hope to take that whole week off though. Fingers crossed it all works out!
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
1. I assure you, I have not completely disappeared. After reading this list, you should understand why I've been absent for a while.
2. That event I mentioned in my last post? It could have gone a little better. There were issues all day (and night) with that event. *sigh*
3. My apartment manager sent me my lease renewal form in February. This is to determine if I would renew for another year. It's still sitting on my desk at home, unanswered.
4. I think I may use this as my inspiration for a while.
5. A couple weeks ago, I got to go to MK Career Conference and it was AMAZING!! As usual. This is my favorite event of the year. It's always so inspiring, entertaining, and educational. It's also a great opportunity to spend time with some of my favorite MK people.
6. I came home for Career Conference with the stomach flu. Not to be confused with influenza. The worst part of the stomach flu is that there is nothing you can do about it but wait until it has run its course. This lasted 8 days.
7. I've decided to re-read the Harry Potter series again. This is makes me very happy. I'm on book 1.
8. The day after that big event I mentioned, I moved into a new office. I managed to get all furniture rearranged (with the help of movers), plus unpack all 28 boxes of stuff in one day. My space now has a really large window and I think this is the best part of the whole thing. I also gained about 40 sq. feet and my desk is now positioned so I can see the hallway!!
9. A downside at my full time job: last week, I was given a whole group of people to work for. I have now added 10 more people to my workload. The sad part? Given the current financial situation of the university, I wasn't able to say no. I now support 17 people. That's also the most of any admin in my whole division, which includes 4 departments.
10. I've also picked up 2 pet sitting gigs this month.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
1. Can you believe I had 4 posts last week? That's exciting.
2. People at work are driving me insane. Even more so than usual. Does screaming out in frustration burn calories?
3. Exactly 2 weeks from today is a very big event. I'm worried its going to be a clusterfuck. I say this because the event coordinator I'm working with doesn't seem to know what she's doing.
4. So, I haven't picked up my crochet projects in a couple months. I have two that I'm working on and I haven't made any progress on either. Maybe I should do that.
5. It's cold outside and I'm tired. Can I go back to bed? No, because it's the busy season.
6. I really want to create a cool library in my home with a comfortable reading space.
7. Does anyone else get excited to track a package online? Or is that just me?
8. I saw this and thought it was cute. Then, I noticed the grammar mistake. And finally, I would like to point out that neither person in this picture is sweatpants.
9. I don't care that this isn't getting posted until Wednesday.