Tuesday, November 13, 2018
1. It has been so cold the last few days. We've already gotten snow too, which is a little unusual for November.
2. My group at work has a very important event that starts this Friday and goes through Tuesday. It's been a process getting everything ready, so I hope it all goes well.
3. Since it was cold over the weekend, and it snowed, I decided to start decorating for Christmas. I put up two Christmas trees in the basement living room. I'm excited to get started on the others, but I need help moving some furniture.
4. I spent over 2 hours cleaning the basement to get it ready for decorating this weekend.
5. A group of us is throwing a baby shower for our friend this weekend. I get to make the cake and I have a plan in mind, I just can't decided on flavor.
6. Yesterday, I sent a very important message to someone and I am waiting for a response. This is a big deal.
7. Really though:
8. I want to set up a table and begin working on puzzles. Really pretty ones. That's always a good time. A few years ago, before a couple people retired, a group of us women would work on puzzles during our lunch break. Those were good days.
10. I still have no idea what I'm getting some people for Christmas.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
1. How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting? Last weekend, I picked up an awesome roll top desk at a garage sale and refinished a table. I'll share pictures soon.
2. All I want to do right now is snuggle my dog. :)
3. I have been fighting a battle with my email inbox for over a month now and its getting frustrating. I cannot get my emails to stay below 20. For someone who keeps her inbox cleaned up with under 10 emails consistently, and gets anxiety by emails that sit in the inbox, this is not a good thing. I no sooner delete 1 and 3 more take its place. What makes me super frustrated is that I'm waiting on other people to do their part before I can do mine.
4. My Pinterest home page is currently filled with stuff about dogs, crochet patterns, book quotes, stuff about introverts, and Aidan Turner. That's something nice to look at. :)
5. There are so many shows I want to see this year. A nearby symphony is doing The Nightmare Before Christmas and Home Alone, there's the new Nutcracker movie, plus the new Fantastic Beasts movie.
6. I auditioned for a show on Monday. Wish me luck! It would be a completely different experience and sounds exciting.
7. I've gotten my grandmother started on reading one of my favorite book series, the Hannah Swensen Series by Joanne Fluke. I knew she would like them.
8. Can I have a super shopping spree at Hobby Lobby and Michael's to stock up on craft supplies?
9. This makes me smile.
10. I have absolutely no idea what to get my niece and nephews for Christmas.
Monday, October 8, 2018
This past weekend was supposed to be a quiet, recovery weekend. It wasn't.
My mom and I were able to go to the annual craft fair in a neighboring town that we have been going to for 21 years. It's always a good time, even if we don't find a lot of things. We did come home with quite a bit of stuff and I got some inspiration for future projects. We did have to wait out some rain though.
On Sunday, I decided to play some Super Mario Bros. I didn't play too well, but it was a chance to recharge. Pretty much all of Sunday was spent on the couch and I am not the least bit ashamed.
The rest of the weekend was busy and tiring, but I'm not going to go into it here. Let's just say that I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed today.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
1. It's been a while, hasn't it?
2. I went on vacation last week to visit my sister and her family. It was a busy week because all the kids are in school and activities. We also replaced a shower in one bathroom.
3. However, my sister took me to this amazing used bookstore that had over 300,000 books. All donated. We spent about an hour in there and I walked out with 15 books. Awesome!!
4. I have gotten the books for my niece/nephew book club. I just need to mail them.
5. This lady is exhausted and in need of some serious rest and recharging.
6. I have so many projects that need to be planned and completed.
7. Christmas shopping.....ugh.
8. I'm usually really good at compartmentalizing and keeping my work and personal life issues separate, but here lately, I've been struggling and its beginning to show. I'm not sure what to do.
9. Today is my Dad's birthday...and my friend E's birthday! Happy Birthday to both!!!
10. Should I start making videos?
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
1. Happy Anniversary to my parents today!
2. The other day I visited the library and walked out with a historical fiction, a children's book, and a murder mystery. It was quite the collection and I have finished one already. To see what I'm reading now, visit my Goodreads page.
3. Along the lines of books, I have decided to read each book I give to my niece and nephew so that we can discuss them. :)
4. Allergies suck...
5. We discovered a frog living in one of our birdhouses over the weekend. :)
6. 2 years and 2.5 months. A half completed project completely ripped back to the beginning and started over. Half double crochet stitch. 254 stitches per row. 220 rows plus a border. This thing is finally done.
7. A new independent bookstore opened in my town. I haven't checked it out yet, but I really want to.
8. I have not made much progress on my Christmas shopping.
9. Is it possible to make a living from reading books? Or crafting?
10. It's time to work on a Halloween decoration craft.