Wednesday, July 18, 2018
1. It's Tuesday again.
2. This past weekend included the following: reading, crocheting, The Sandlot, Grease, my inflatable pool, celebrating a friend, some chores, birthday lunch with Grandma, and sleep.
3. My to-read list is getting longer. I was thinking the other day and the list includes the one I'm currently reading, the next book in the series, a book I got from the library (that is the first of a series), two in the mail that I ordered, an audio book I just started in the car, plus 4 that are still sitting on my Nook that I haven't read.
4. Do you ever wake up with a terrible headache that WILL NOT GO AWAY?!
5. For some reason, I have been extremely tired these past few days. Is it lack of sleep? Boredom?
6. I had to get my drivers license renewed and I requested that the attendant make sure my picture was good because my license picture was actually a good picture and I wanted to continue that trend. :)
7. I'm currently struggling with a tough decision. Maybe that's why I'm tired.
8. Where can a girl get some good dresses for reasonable prices? Any suggestions?
9. I cannot wait to see Mamma Mia 2 this weekend!!
10. Aaannnddd,....now it's Wednesday.
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
1. Last week, I made a goal to add 20 rows to my crochet blanket. I added 30! That makes me happy. According to my countdown, I have 82 days left to finish.
2. The temperatures are back into the upper 90s this week and the heat index has returned. :( We are now under a heat advisory for the rest of this week.
3. Of the 13 women I invited to give their opinion on MK products, 1 said yes, 1 said no, and the rest didn't respond.
4. Only 4 books to go for the reading challenge! How are you doing on your reading goals? Did you set any?
5. I've started collecting furniture pieces. I have no place to put them. Yet, I've started buying pieces.
6. What do you think of me adding videos to this blog?
7. I know I will ask that question and no one will comment. I haven't had many comments in a very long time.
8. There is a very large stack of files in my office at work that I need to go through, discard unneeded pages, and scan so I can archive these files. I enjoy the process, I'm just not motivated to get started.
9. This...starts today.
10. Ugh, that means I need to take before photos and measurements.
Monday, July 9, 2018
Usually, I breakdown the Weekend Recap by day. However, this time, I'm going to use bullet points because that makes the most sense for this past weekend.
- Checked on a cat I'm sitting
- Finished reading another book
- Worked on my crochet blanket....a lot.
- Enjoyed some delicious hot wings
- Shopped for some yarn for some projects that have been requested of me. That yarn came home with me. However, I will not start on those projects for a while still.
- Invited 13 women to experience and give their opinion on some Mary Kay products.
- Enjoyed a night with temperatures below 80 degrees while watching the neighbor's fireworks display.
- Ran the battery down in my Fitbit.
- Helped my aunt move into a new house and did a lot of heavy lifting.
Thursday, July 5, 2018
1. I had such a great visit with my sister and her family last week.
2. We went to a flea market over the weekend and did I tell you I found an early edition of one of my favorite books, Gone with the Wind, that I have been searching for over 5 years now? It made my day!
3. It's time for a nap.
4. My apartment has been packed up for almost a year now. I really miss my things. Especially my kitchen stuff and my coffee mug collection.
5. I just signed up for Beach Body on Demand. A friend of mine is a coach. We will see what the next 3 months have in store for me. This should help with one of my goals for the year.
6. My goal for the week is to add 20 rows to my crochet blanket. I'll report back next week to see how I did.
7. Have you ever been completely unmotivated to do any work? I'm struggling today.
8. The holiday in the middle of the week really throws me off. I keep thinking it's Monday.
9. You are seeing this post on Thursday, by the way. Oops.
10. I really want to watch all the Avengers movies in a marathon type way. I haven't seen a single one. And I like superhero movies.
Monday, July 2, 2018
This past week (since Tuesday) we had company to visit. My sister, her husband, and their three kids came to visit for 5 days. It was a lot of fun and great spending time with them.
The week included the following, in not particular order:
Swimming in the neighbor's pond
Playing kickball, Barbies, and coloring
Celebrating a birthday
Visiting a water park for a few hours before watching a storm roll in
Visiting a flea market and finding some incredible treasures
Going to a MLB game
It was a great visit, although it seemed to go by really quickly. Now it's back to work to play catch-up.