Tuesday, April 24, 2018
1. I've been doing some thinking. I ask that if you are reading this post, please leave a comment. This will help. Thanks!
2. It's so nice to have sunlight coming through my bedroom window in the morning now.
3. Wednesday April 25 is Administrative Professional's Day. Please be kind to the admins. A card would be nice.
4. Listening to 90s Pop Radio while at work makes the work day a lot more tolerable. :)
5. It appears that Spring has finally arrived here. At least for this week.
6. It is hard for me to believe that today is only Tuesday. The first two days of this week have been long.
7. Have you visited Introvert Doodles yet? I love this site!
8. My Melody is getting groomed on Wednesday and I cannot tell you how much she needs it. I feel like a terrible dog mom that we've gone this long between appointments.
9. What's the next book on your reading list?
10. There is a car alarm going off outside my window. That's a little annoying.
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
1. I've started running. This is huge news.
2. What brings you joy?
3. So, I was thinking this morning, "I should wear lipstick during the day more. It makes me feel better." Then, I saw this. Coincidence?
4. Do you ever listen to music from your teenage (formative) years and travel back in your mind to a time when you had few cares or concerns? It's amazing what music can do.
5. I've discovered a love for kimonos. I seriously want to wear them and cardigans every day.
6. Sometimes, I feel like I can put together a really good blog post. Other times, I know I completely suck at writing.
7. The next 4 weeks at work are going to be crazy and stressful. It's that time of year again. Power Through.
8. My hair is still in desperate need for a cut and color.
10. The sun is shining. Let's just call it a day.
Monday, April 16, 2018
Friday: Last week was nearly awful. Events from the first two days pretty much ruined my days at work for the rest of the week. By Friday, I gave up on trying to focus. Luckily, I was the only one in, so it wasn't that big of a problem. Friday evening, I spent some time helping my dad with a patio cover before spending the rest of the night watching television and not doing anything else.
Saturday: I finished reading the Hunger Games series and after helping my dad to finish the patio cover, I spent the rest of the day binge watching the Hunger Games movies. Seriously. This was all I did on Saturday. I had no plans whatsoever to leave the house or do anything else. It was that kind of day. The weather turned cold again here. It's getting ridiculous.
Sunday: Believe it or not, its supposed to be mid April. Usually we are in the 50s and 60s in temperature. Lately though, we've been experiencing snow and temperatures in the 30s. It's been cold. Sunday was spent at a flea market and the grocery store before I decided to enjoy the rest of my weekend before having to deal with the work week again by catching up on some Family Guy episodes and doing a little decorating in my planner.
Overall, this past weekend wasn't thrilling, but many parts of it were exactly what I needed.
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
1. I turned in my resignation at my second job. I need to take care of my well being and I have worked my last shift. I'll miss the people and the fun.
2. 19 books so far this year!
3. I remember seeing this in the movie and thinking "that's pretty cool".
4. This week has been long and it's only Tuesday (Wednesday).
5. When I came across this little gem, I couldn't help but laugh. When I was in computer class, we had a piece of copy paper taped to the keyboard that went over our fingers. None of this fancy stuff. :)
6. The crochet blanket project is slowly making progress. I manage to do at least 2 rows a day during my lunch break. Not too bad, but could definitely do better. I will finish that thing this year.
7. Its time to invest in some new shoes. The current shoe situation in my closet is sad.
8. I ordered planner stickers for April on March 22. They have not been shipped yet. Guess how annoyed I am?
9. What is a really good dip I can make? We are having a dip party at our next MK meeting.
10. Um...just looked up dip recipes. That adventure could take forever!
Monday, April 2, 2018
Friday: I got off work a little early and decided to meet my parents for a quick drink before running a couple errands on my way home. I was all set to spend the rest of the night with my new books and relax, but I ended up helping my Dad with what was supposed to be an easy task of switching out the faucet in the master bathroom and the shower curtain rod. Let's just say that the adventure we went on with this project requires its own post. About three hours later, I was finally able to enjoy a glass of wine and read my book.
Saturday: It was so nice to not have to set an alarm and I ended up sleeping in until about 10 am. Melody even let me sleep too without getting antsy to go outside. Isn't she sweet? Waffles for breakfast and three leisurely cups of coffee led to an afternoon working in the bathroom some more. The rest of the day was filled with my books and episodes of Fixer Upper. It was both a productive and relaxing day.
Sunday: We had such a great family dinner for Easter. The extended family gathered at my great aunt's house for our annual dinner and egg hunt. Mother Nature decided to turn super cold for the day and by the afternoon, we had snow. Ugh. This didn't take away from the great company, great food, and fun though. It's always so nice to catch up with family members you don't see very often. Over the course of the weekend, I managed to read three Fear Street books. Only three full months into the year and I am almost halfway through my reading goal. :)