Tuesday, February 20, 2018
1. I just finished a 5 book series that I never would have read if it hadn't been recommended to me. It's pretty cool, check out The Dark is Rising Sequence.
2. Haha! This is so true. I currently have 2 projects in process and one I want to start.
3. I placed an order for March theme planner stickers on 2/13. After checking my order status, they aren't scheduled to ship until 2/27. 1) WTH? 2) They better be shipped overnight. Those stickers are specific for March.
4. Since this little blog of mine is getting a makeover this year, I've been thinking about also renaming it. Not sure what though.
5. Something big is happening tomorrow!!!
6. I've been making a conscious effort to eat more fruits and vegetables because I know I don't eat enough. It would be nice if I didn't receive negative comments when I choose to eat a vegetarian dish every now and then.
7. This year, I will no longer be in my "early thirties". Yikes!
9. A rainy day is the perfect day for a really good book and a really good nap. Today is one of those days. Where am I? At work.
10. A nap really sounds great right now too.
Monday, February 19, 2018
Friday: Is it bad that I cannot remember what I did on Friday after I got home from work? Usually Friday nights are my nights to decompress, so I probably did a whole lot of nothing. I do know that one of the books I ordered came in the mail. This is always happy mail. I love getting books. I did not start reading it though until Saturday.
Saturday: The weekend around Valentine's is always Tax Day. Me, my parents, and my grandma all get our taxes done on the same day. We travel together and have our individual appointments. Being the youngest, I am always the last appointment, which was at 10:30. While waiting is when I started reading. However, I was only able to read a chapter because our accountant is so experienced and efficient that we were done with all three appointments, had made appointments for next year, and were back on the road home before the end of the first appointment time. Totally awesome! Since I didn't have to work, I spent the rest of the day relaxing. When I say "relaxing", I mean I binge-watched Netflix and totally pigged out. It was awesome!
Sunday: Somehow I scored another day off work, so Sunday morning was spent cleaning the house. It always feels really nice to have a freshly cleaned house. I read some more and then spent Sunday doing exactly what I did the day before. Days like that don't happen very often and I took every advantage of it. I did manage to get some work for my business done as well.
And that was my weekend. Probably not very exciting, but a really awesome weekend for me.
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
1. Have you been watching the Olympics? I watched ice dancing for the first time a few days ago. I've never seen ice dancing before. That was interesting.
2. My girlfriends and I had dinner the other night to (finally) recap our goals from 2017 and set new goals for 2018. We each came up with 3, one that is big, one that is easy, and one that falls in between. It was a good time and I am excited to see what this year has in store for us.
3. I've discovered that I am a huge fan of 40s and 50s fashion. Particularly when it comes to shoes.
4. There is a play I want to audition for this week. However, I have a vacation scheduled for a week in March that would interfere with rehearsal time. I wonder if I should audition?
5. One of the books I'm currently reading is really slow going. I'm having a hard time getting into this book. I do hope it picks up because it sounded interesting when I found it.
6. I want to take a whole day to watch some classic musicals. Those would be: Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, The Wizard of Oz, Cats, and maybe some Riverdance. That would be a fun day. :)
7. At work I use spiral notebooks every day. I have one for my daily to-do lists and one for general notes that I take to meetings. Today, I realized that after 6.5 years, I have collected 20 notebooks. Is that a lot or a little?
8. There are books I want to add to my personal library. However, my "library" is currently all packed up and stored in a closet. This creates a dilemma.
9. I simply love this.
10. Exactly 2 weeks to accomplish my goal of paying off a credit card (or two).
Monday, February 12, 2018
Friday: I was able to leave work early so I could pick up Melody from the vet. She was having blood work done in preparation for dental work. Once we got home, I was able to relax for a little while before meeting two friends for dinner/2017 recap/2018 goal setting. It was a simple night, but a lot of fun. We were expecting some ice, so i got home early, around 9 pm. I also went to bed pretty much immediately. I am always so exhausted on Friday nights from the work week.
Saturday: It was a great morning to sleep in with the ice on the trees and grass and no need to set an alarm clock for the morning. I didn't have to be at work until later in the afternoon, so I made French toast for breakfast and watch plenty of House Hunters before getting ready. I was supposed to do a demonstration at work that day, but with the weather getting rough again, no one came. Instead, it was a quick and easy night of everyone just goofing off. I got home early and spent the rest of the night relaxing.
Sunday: I had the whole day off! That doesn't happen very often, but I didn't have to go into work at all. It was such a great day too. The weather was still kind of bad, so I spent the entire day inside, except for when I fed the birds and got the ice off my car. My mom and I spent an hour and a half cleaning out some kitchen cabinets and the rest of the day I spent watching movies. It was awesome. By the way, if you haven't gone through your kitchen cabinets in the past year, I highly recommend you do. You'd be surprised.
How was your weekend?
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
1. I worked both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. It wasn't too bad. I also took on a new cleaning job. That took 4 hours on Saturday. So much dusting.
2. I am very pleased with the results of the Super Bowl game. It was a good game to watch with a lot of action and a great halftime performance. The commercials, however, sucked again. Except maybe two.
3. The baristas at my local Starbucks know my name and my drink. They've even gotten to where they will tease me a little about it. That's alright though, they make a good latte.
4. I've already started making progress towards paying off one of my credit cards. I want to have two of them paid off by the end of this month. This might be another month of "no spending unless it's absolutely necessary", like I did in January.
5. I want to see the new Wrinkle in Time movie that opens in March. However, I don't usually like to see a movie based on a book before reading the book, so I guess I have another book to add to my reading list.
6. Most of my people at work will be gone all week. That means I might be able to get a lot of little projects done. It's amazing what you can accomplish when people aren't always at your desk.
7. It's time for some new planner stickers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
8. There are a few concerts I would love to attend this summer, but I'm not sure how well that will work with this move I want to make.
9. Working on plans to makeover my blog. What would you like to see?
10. I wonder how many readers I actually have...