Tuesday, September 4, 2018
1. Happy Anniversary to my parents today!
2. The other day I visited the library and walked out with a historical fiction, a children's book, and a murder mystery. It was quite the collection and I have finished one already. To see what I'm reading now, visit my Goodreads page.
3. Along the lines of books, I have decided to read each book I give to my niece and nephew so that we can discuss them. :)
4. Allergies suck...
5. We discovered a frog living in one of our birdhouses over the weekend. :)
6. 2 years and 2.5 months. A half completed project completely ripped back to the beginning and started over. Half double crochet stitch. 254 stitches per row. 220 rows plus a border. This thing is finally done.
7. A new independent bookstore opened in my town. I haven't checked it out yet, but I really want to.
8. I have not made much progress on my Christmas shopping.
9. Is it possible to make a living from reading books? Or crafting?
10. It's time to work on a Halloween decoration craft.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
1. 126 rows to go on the blanket. 33 days left to accomplish.
2. The baristas at the Starbucks on the campus where I work are my favorite.
3. Do you remember this sweet little thing? She came home with me 6 years ago today...according to Facebook Memories.
4. I don't know about you, but I am so ready for fall.
5. I've got a lot of planning to do for my business/life, especially for September and I have no motivation to do it. September starts on Saturday!!
6. Total number of projects waiting to be completed at work: 4. Total number of projects that could have been completed over 3 weeks ago: 2. Waiting on other people is really exhausting.
7. School is back in session and I am already sick of the students. They don't pay attention when they are walking across campus or in the hallways.
8. I'm currently torn between wanting to watch one of the following: Friends, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Sex and the City, Will and Grace, and just about every Disney princess movie. I only have a couple hours free in the evenings for this type of activity.
9. Mrs. P and I got together for dinner on Friday and it was the best night I've had in a very long time!
10. It's nap time. Let's make this a thing.
Monday, August 27, 2018
This past weekend, I did not work on my crochet blanket at all. I'm not entirely proud of that, but I did work on another project instead.
Between running errands, stopping at a garage sale, loading/unloading the truck in 100 degree heat, this is what the weekend consisted of.
This futon will serve as seating in my mom's home office. It will also serve as an extra bed when family comes to visit. We bought it from a friend of mine. For the record, it required 5.5 cans of Rust-Oleum Universal General Purpose Satin Black Spray Paint.
By the way, this sucker is heavy!!
I'm sore from all the lifting/squatting/moving/climbing/bending/etc.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
1. I made a new wreath over the weekend. It was the first one in a couple years. And I forgot to take a picture of it.
2. I didn't realize that the packaging for this product was such an issue.
3. I've started planning for the next installment of the book club with my niece and nephew. I have found 4-5 awesome books for my nephew. However, the budget I set only allows for 3. Some tough decisions are going to have be made.
4. I have 125 rows left to go on my blanket. Then I will decide if I want to add a border. The number of days remaining...40. Keep in mind that this thing is 254 stitches across and covers half of my queen sized bed.
5. While browsing on Goodreads, I came across a mystery series that is set in a coffee shop. We all know I love a good chic lit/mystery/treats book, so I am trying to decide if I should do the audio version, or get the book. What do you think?
6. Have you ever been hit with a sign to do something (or multiple signs) so hard and it terrifies you to your very soul?
7. An actual conversation that took place. Blinds in the living room are opened. "I just closed that so I could see the TV." Immediate response, "I just opened them so I could see to dust." Guess which one was me?
8. How do you fix a terrible habit of slouching?
9. Have you checked out Introvert Doodles? I love this site. This particular comic cracked me up!
10. I have a hair appointment in a week. My hair desperately needs a color and a trim. Too bad my appointment wasn't for this week.
Monday, August 20, 2018
I feel there could be another, better, way for me to do these posts. Sometimes I don't really like the day-by-day breakdown. Sometimes I can't remember which day it was that I did a particular thing.
Do my readers even like the Weekend Recaps?
Do I even have readers?
I know there are at least 2-3 people that read this blog.
I guess I should go ahead with the major makeover of my blog. That was one of my goals for the year. Remember those? I've made some progress on those. I should do an update post.
Anyway, this past weekend consisted of cat sitting, shopping, projects, cleaning, and reading. Plus, Melody got a much needed groom. She looks a little funny right now though.