Tuesday, November 7, 2017
1. So, it's been a couple weeks since I last posted. I'm not sure what to say about that.
2. My aunt passed away on October 27. This past weekend was the memorial service, which was absolutely beautiful. It's been a rough few days.
3. Thanks to my cousin bringing her 3 sick children under the age of 5 to the hospital, my mom, my dad, and myself are all sick with colds. Not to mention other members of the family. Grr.....
4. Every Halloween I help pass out candy with my Grandma. Usually she has over 100 kids; this year, there were only 40. It was incredibly disappointing. My favorite costume though was the little 4 year old boy dressed as Maui from Moana. He was adorable.
5. Only at Grandma's house would you pass out Halloween candy while watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.
6. I'm crocheting a scarf as part of my nephew's Christmas gift. I found out over the weekend that he hates scarves and doesn't wear them. I don't care. He's getting it anyway.
7. It has been a lot of fun to re-read my old Fear Street books. They've also helped me surpass my reading challenge for the year!
8. I find it very interesting to see how many of the blogs I read for years after getting started myself are no longer active. It's also interesting to see how my reading tastes have changed. Could that be because I've gotten older?
9. Can I just shut my office door and take a nap?
10. I have finished about half of my Christmas shopping. It would be so great to accomplish my goal and be finished completely by Thanksgiving.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
1. At home the air is off, the windows are open, and my nose is stuffed. I don't care though.
2. You pin one crochet pattern and all of a sudden, your entire homepage is full of crochet projects!
3. Why can't computers turn on and "warm up" as quickly as televisions? Seriously, it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r for my computer to get going in the morning.
4. You know, it's not as much fun when you order something and don't get a tracking number when it is shipped. A gift I ordered has been shipped, but I have no idea when it will come in.
5. Scary moment: We had an active threat on the campus I work at and our building went on lock down for about 2 hours. I felt relief to get the all clear. It's weird because we just had a demonstration with the campus police department about what to do when there is an active threat YESTERDAY.
6. It's infuriating when you think you did something in August and you find out two weeks before the event that the thing did not happen and now you have to scramble a little bit. And also look really bad at work.
7. My plans for the weekend besides working: crochet, books, Halloween movies, and wine.
8. Who am I kidding? I want my wine now.
10. And now, it's somehow Wednesday.
Monday, October 16, 2017
Friday: I spent Friday night beginning a crochet project that will end up as a Christmas gift. The day before, I had gone to Joann's to get yarn that was on sale, stitch markers, a new hook and needles. I also had a 20% off coupon, so that made for a very happy trip. I managed to get a good start on the project before I got sleepy and decided to go to bed.
Saturday: In the morning, my cousin and I did a photo shoot at a local state park. The photos will be a gift for our grandma at Christmas. The weather decided to be about 80 degrees, so it was very hot in our black shirts and flannel. However, we had a good time and I think we got some really great shots. The photographer is going to do some editing first. I'm excited to see them all. Later that day, I went to watch Big A (Mrs. P's oldest) perform in a marching band competition. I was so proud of him, he looked really good out there on the field. It also brought back such fond memories from my band days. I miss it a lot. The band placed 3rd in their division. That night, a wicked storm passed through our area that took down branches and who knows what else. I am very proud to say though, that the wreaths I make can withstand 60 mph wind gusts. :)
Sunday: I worked for most of the day. It was a very good day spent setting the Christmas merchandise. I worked with cool people and the store stayed fairly steady with customers which made the 4 hours pass quickly. That night, I relaxed with the cooler temperatures, a glass of wine, and my crochet. I'm almost done with the project I started on Friday. Just a few more hours to go.
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
1. My nails are in such bad shape from all the decorating and opening boxes at my second job. Not to mention the filing and copying I do during the day.
2. One of my favorite MK events is later this month and I am so excited!
3. Who would have thought that changing the colors of Trix cereal would cause such an uproar! It's my favorite cereal and the colors don't bother me. It's interesting to read however, that I'm not the only adult that enjoys or has strong feelings about "kids" cereal.
4. It's currently raining outside my office. The sky is so gray, it feels like nighttime. I should be in bed. :)
5. This weekend, my cousin and I are getting photos taken to use as a gift for our grandma. It should be a good time.
6. I want a Halloween village. I also want a Christmas village. Time to hit the flea markets.
8. Seriously, one of my favorite hair products! Maximum results with minimal effort.
9. My boots came in over the weekend, and the most exciting thing about them is that they actually fit and zip up over my big ankles and "extra wide calves"!!
10. Do you have a favorite store to get extra long tunics to wear with leggings? I'm on a hunt...
Monday, October 9, 2017
This past weekend was really nice. I had a day off, I worked another day, and I met a celebrity on another!
Friday: Typically I spend Friday nights at home recovering from the work week. This past Friday though, I got of work early at 3:30 pm, and headed directly to our local Barnes and Noble. I purchased two copies of Paula Deen's new cookbook, At the Southern Table, and got in line. You see, she herself was at our local store to sign her new book! This was my first author event and that was really neat. My mom joined me and we were so glad we got in line when we did because we were 8th in line and there had to be over 200 people there. While waiting for the event to start, we met a wonderful lady in line and by the end of 2 hours, it was like we were all long time friends. Plus, while waiting in line, I discovered 3 new books I want to read. Then, I met Paula Deen! Got a picture with her and everything! She's really nice and yes, her eyes are really that blue in person.
Saturday: It was the annual craft fair that we love going to, although, the rain was really putting a damper on the whole experience. Luckily, it wasn't a hard or heavy rain, and did keep us from going. We saw some familiar vendors and I found a couple Christmas gifts. Also, I got some creative inspiration for my own craft projects. During the afternoon, I finally broke out my crochet project I hadn't touched for months and watched a movie while working on it. Then, it was time to get ready to meet Mrs. P, her husband, and some friends for a night out. I stayed out way later than I had planned, but I had a great time and met some new people.
Sunday: I worked all day, but what made it fun was spending my entire shift decorating Christmas trees. It's a little jarring to be setting up Christmas displays next to your Halloween display, but I enjoy decorating for Christmas and the 3 statements I worked on were really cool. However, by the time I came home, I was completely covered in glitter and headed straight for the shower. The rest of the night was spent relaxing with the dogs and preparing for the new week. All in all, a very good weekend.