Tuesday, September 19, 2017
1. This might turn into a bitchy post.
2. The weekend was good. I worked both Saturday and Sunday, but I did manage to finish a book.
3. Dear Starbucks student barista: If I wanted my latte iced, I would have ordered it that way. Don't ask me if I want it hot or cold. Also, wait until I finish my order before cutting me off by asking questions. It's possible I will answer them for you.
4. Annie has been sick for a couple weeks due to some sort of acid reflux/esophagus issue. It's a struggle and taking a very long time to get her feeling better. With every one step forward, there are two steps back.
5. Last week, I agreed to dog sit for a repeat customer. Now, I kind of wish I hadn't because I'm so stressed, I have other engagements, I'm PMSing, and my own dog is sick.
6. In all this focus on Annie, I completely forgot that Melody is due for a heartworm test. Now I need to get that sorted out. She's also in desperate need of a groom and my schedule and the groomer's schedule aren't very compatible.
7. I can't sleep very well at night because my allergies are so bad. This makes me even more bitchy.
8. The books for my collection of old Fear Street novels have started to come in and I read the first one last night. I forgot how creepy they can be, but they're still cool. Plus, I'll get through my reading challenge well enough.
9. Don't worry, I still have plenty of "grown up" books I plan to read too.
10. If my boss hadn't just gotten back from a three week trip, I would take a sick day.
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
1. I was just looking at my "about" page and wow, that thing is outdated! Seriously.
2. Does anyone remember the R.L. Stine Fear Street books? I loved them when I was younger and I regret ever getting rid of them. Just yesterday, I ordered 6 books to begin rebuilding my collection for my future library.
3. My dream library features tall windows, muted colors, various comfy seating, dark wood, spiral staircase, rolling ladders, lots of green plants, soft fabrics, and a hidden door that leads to a secret room.
4. In just a little over two weeks, look what's coming back! I'm super excited!!
5. The plan was to do 40 facials this month. It's the 12th and so far, I have completed 0 facials. :(
6. While at the flea market this weekend, we found the most perfect piece of storage furniture for my yarn, fabric, and crafting supplies. However, it was also $695. At a flea market! That's a little out of my budget. I must figure out how to get it.
7. Today is my niece's birthday. Happy Birthday H!
8. I came to the realization yesterday that I haven't done much with my friends since I moved. That's not good.
9. My boss comes back later this week after being gone for three weeks. It's been nice and quiet around my office and I've been able to get a lot done. That will change though.
10. So, since the weather is absolutely perfect outside, let's just call it a day. What do you say?
Monday, September 11, 2017
Friday: I had originally planned to go to happy hour with a friend of mine. However, we had to reschedule because our sweet Annie got sick. I ended up taking her to the vet for some blood work. She was already on allergy medicine and an antibiotic because of her allergy to the wet grass. Now, she is also being treated for GI issues and is on 4 additional medicines, plus a special food diet. Thank goodness they are temporary and the food is only for 3-5 days.
Saturday: My mom and I spent most of the day at our favorite flea market. They were also having an outdoor vendor market, as well as the 450+ dealers inside. It was a hot day, but a lot of fun. I continued some of my Christmas shopping and also found a terrific chest of drawers that will be refinished and become Melody's dresser. I'm so excited. The rest of the night was spent doing a lot of nothing.
Sunday: I worked in the morning/afternoon. The day went by smoothly and was enjoyable. I got to work with a couple of my favorite people. Afterward, I stopped by the library and stumbled upon one of the biggest book sales I have ever seen. It was also inside and outside! I didn't buy any books though. I reminded myself that the reason I was at the library was to "borrow" books, not "buy". This was also the reason I didn't go to the bookstore, even though I had driven through the parking lot. In the evening, I watched a Hallmark movie based on a book I enjoy. The movie, as is with most Hallmark movies, was cheesy, but entertaining. I ended up staying up too late and couldn't sleep because of my own allergies. It was well after midnight before I finally fell asleep.
How was your weekend?
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
1. The holiday weekend was great, but no weekend is ever long enough for me. Perhaps I should just work for myself.
2. I have officially started my Christmas shopping. In this stack is my niece's birthday present, her Christmas present, and my nephew's Christmas present. I spent a lot of time in the children's section and you can believe some of those books have a copy for me too.
3. Monday was my parents' 35th anniversary! Wow!
4. My mom and I went for pedicures and shopping over the weekend. The pedicure was not at all relaxing for me. In fact, it was a little traumatizing. I guess my feet were really rough because he scrubbed on them for over 20 minutes. I spent a total of 45 minutes in the chair. At least he could laugh about it though. I'm very grateful my feet are soft now.
5. Very disappointed in the Pinterest Humor page.
6. I read an entire book this weekend. It's a very big deal for me to say that since I am a very slow reader. I'm happy to report that I am back on track for my reading challenge.
7. I'm on the hunt for a good biography. Of someone I'm interested in.
8. My wallet is slowly starting to fall apart. What started as a small tear has led to a missing zipper pull, ripped pockets, and more.
9. This is a gorgeous man.
10. I'm just going to look at the picture for a minute longer.
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
1. I heard about this on the news this morning. Personally, this offends me.
2. My work email inbox count will not get below 25, no matter how hard I try. It's getting frustrating.
3. This audio book is amazing!
4. I'll admit it, I'm a little stressed right now.
5. While at the bookstore the other day, I was excited to learn that the Berenstain Bear books are still around! I know what a certain niece is getting for her birthday and Christmas. I also know a certain adult who will add to their library.
6. While researching the titles, I came across another favorite series from my childhood. Does anyone remember the Little Critter books?
7. And, just for fun:
8. Ever have so much stuff to do that you don't know where to start?
9. I seriously want one of these.
10. How the hell is August already almost over?