Tuesday, June 20, 2017
1. I can't seem to follow where the story is going in the book I'm reading.
2. I'm trying to sell some furniture items on FB and people keep screwing with me. It's pissing me off.
3. There is a girl I work with at my second job that now brings a fidget cube out of her apron every shift. It is by far the most annoying thing on the floor.
4. Since cutting my hair to shoulder length, I have only worn my hair in a ponytail to work about 4 times. This is a huge accomplishment since I used to put my hair up every single day.
5. Can I take some "mental health days" and stay at home to clean, read, and crochet? Can I make that a thing?
6. Dear Facebook: I seriously couldn't care less who is "live" right now. Please stop with the notifications! How do I turn them off?
8. I just ate too many fruit snacks. Now I feel kind of sick. :(
9. The first official day of summer is tomorrow! How to you plan to spend the longest day of the year?
10. Trying to find an affordable photographer for a casual photo shoot is proving difficult.
Monday, June 19, 2017
Where, oh where, did the weekend go? Along that same line, where has the year gone? I can't believe we are over halfway through June.
Friday: After work, and a lot of wasted time later (more on that another time), I packed up and went to stay with my parents for the weekend. Since I had to work. The week had been long and rough, so my family and I sat on the patio enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures. Then my mom and I curled up on the couch and watched Friends. It was awesome.
Saturday: We went out to celebrate Father's Day at Dad's favorite local brewery in the afternoon after a very lazy morning. I believe we all ended up taking naps shortly after getting up that morning. :) After lunch, I went to work for the night and got home late. I didn't stay up very long because for some reason, I have been extremely tired lately. I blame the weather.
Sunday: I short morning with my parents before going back to work for the afternoon. The day was very slow and at times we had a lot of people come in, but hardly any purchased anything or stayed very long. I spent some time on the patio with the family since the weather was perfect, before heading home. The evening was spent preparing for the week.
Nothing to exciting, but a glimpse at a typical weekend for me. Things outside of work are about to get a little crazy for a while, which I will tell you all about at another time.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
1. It's very quiet at work right now. My boss is gone for a month, my supervisor has taken a few days off, most of the others I support aren't around much in the summer anyway, and I don't have a lot of projects to work on right now. It's weird because the beginning of the year is always so crazy, but once June hits, it slows down tremendously.
2. Tomorrow, Melody has an appointment with a new groomer. I wonder how well they'll do and how much they'll charge me.
3. The other day I was thinking, I haven't recorded any of my accomplishments/work completed for my MK business since this time last year. That's sad. I haven't had internet at home, so I haven't been able to enter things into the system easily. This has been a trend in the past. A lot of times I have entered an entire year's other of activity in the matter of 1-2 days.
4. I've decided I'm going to audition for another show again in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed this one goes well!
5. Even though summer hasn't "officially" started, the humidity has made it's appearance and the most dreaded words in a weather forecast have been mentioned: "feels like". In other words, it's hot and humid.
6. I have been reminding someone about something they need to send me since May 22 (over 3 weeks!!) and I keep getting "I'll get to this today!", or "I'll get this taken care of shortly!". I'm over it. Send me what I need so I can do my job. Thanks.
7. I am part of a team planning a baby shower for this Thursday. It seems like there have been too many baby showers recently. I believe we have had 3 in the last 8 months. That's enough for a while.
8. I love my Happy Planner. I really do. But, have you seen this one? It's pretty cool too!
9. I am sleepy today. If I hadn't just taken a whole week of vacation, I'd take today off.
10. Today really isn't a good day for motivation.
Monday, June 12, 2017
Friday: Friday evening was the start of a 3-day dog sitting gig. I've taken care of these three dogs a few times before, so we are friends now. The weather was absolutely perfect in the evening, so our walks were great. The rest of the evening wasn't spent doing much of anything else. I basically relaxed all night. Plus, I watched Miss Congeniality, which I haven seen in years!
Saturday: I had to work all morning and part of the afternoon at my second job. The day went by quickly, which is always nice. Again, the weather was terrific, so after work, I spent time with the dogs, then my parents and my dog, then I read more of my book that night. I was making really good progress, but then got a sudden headache and had to go to bed with less than 50 pages to go.
Sunday: Somehow, I woke up way before my alarm was set to go off, so after getting up early, I took the dogs for a nice walk, then we sat on the patio for a few hours. I finished my book and it took a turn I wasn't expecting, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. We took another walk before I left for the day. The doggie parents were coming home that day, so I spent the rest of the morning/afternoon with my mom on the patio before running a couple errands. I've been selling some furniture and decor items so in the evening, Mrs. P. came over to help me with a couple things and we enjoyed some dinner, wine, and Friends. All in all, a splendid evening.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
1. I took a whole week off from work just to stay home and do nothing. I didn't even read much but I did relax and enjoy the beautiful days without being tied to my office.
2. While camping for Memorial Day, we celebrated my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Momma!
3. Melody's birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe my little baby girl will be 5 years old!
4. Sounds about right.
5. While waiting in line at the library, this mother of three let two of her kids enthusiastically cut in front of me in line to check out. I understand excited over books, but it was obvious I had been standing there long before they walked up. This would have been a prime teaching moment.
6. I've started decorating my planner with stickers. I feel like I may have just entered a rabbit hole.
7. I don't know who had this idea originally, but its a pretty good one. :)
9. Can someone please tell me how the year has all of a sudden transitioned into June? I feel like this year is flying by!
10. Since it's summer, its time I start thinking about Christmas gifts; even if I don't like seeing Christmas decorations in Hobby Lobby on June 1 next to the pool toys and pumpkins.