Monday, August 13, 2018
Friday: After work on Friday, I went to replace my phone. There was no since in only fixing the broken screen when the phone was almost 3 years old. I got a new phone, and now I am waiting for new case to arrive. It always makes me nervous to not have some sort of case or cover on a new phone. That night, I spent time reading and crocheting. It was a very pleasant evening.
Saturday: A leisurely breakfast and three cups of coffee with my book is how the day started. I went shopping in the afternoon to get a new purse, supplies for a new wreath, and some dog food. And that is exactly what I came home with...along with some fun socks. :)
Sunday: My mom and I went to our favorite flea market and found some great pieces to turn into a Halloween village. I also got pieces for my new Christmas tree theme and some holly napkins. Sometimes I really love going to the flea market. I now have 7 projects to work on as a multi-crafter. This does not include refinishing some furniture pieces. :) It's going to a busy month or so.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
1. I just returned from a 10 day vacation to the beach! Of course, 4 days were spent driving and because of rain, we only had 3 good days on the beach. But, I don't care. I needed that trip.
2. I've accomplished my reading goal for the year!! And the books keep coming.
3. I've got a new idea for another Christmas tree theme. I can't wait to put it together.
4. My niece's birthday is next month and I have already gotten her birthday gift. Now, I just need to wrap it up really cute.
5. Between my work with a mouse and keyboard during the day and my crochet project in the evening, my wrist now has sharp pains that cause the need to wear a brace. It sucks.
6. Last night, after I had finally gotten to sleep after a couple hours of tossing and turning, I don't know which woke me up first, the wicked thunderstorm or the severe pain in my wrist/arm.
7. For the first time in over 10 years of having a smart phone, I broke the screen on my phone. It happened while on vacation too. :(
8. How are we already into August? This year has flown by!
9. "Back to School" means spiral notebooks go on a deep sale. Guess who needs to restock her stash?
10. I really need to get serious about my Christmas shopping.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
1. It's Tuesday again.
2. This past weekend included the following: reading, crocheting, The Sandlot, Grease, my inflatable pool, celebrating a friend, some chores, birthday lunch with Grandma, and sleep.
3. My to-read list is getting longer. I was thinking the other day and the list includes the one I'm currently reading, the next book in the series, a book I got from the library (that is the first of a series), two in the mail that I ordered, an audio book I just started in the car, plus 4 that are still sitting on my Nook that I haven't read.
4. Do you ever wake up with a terrible headache that WILL NOT GO AWAY?!
5. For some reason, I have been extremely tired these past few days. Is it lack of sleep? Boredom?
6. I had to get my drivers license renewed and I requested that the attendant make sure my picture was good because my license picture was actually a good picture and I wanted to continue that trend. :)
7. I'm currently struggling with a tough decision. Maybe that's why I'm tired.
8. Where can a girl get some good dresses for reasonable prices? Any suggestions?
9. I cannot wait to see Mamma Mia 2 this weekend!!
10. Aaannnddd,....now it's Wednesday.
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
1. Last week, I made a goal to add 20 rows to my crochet blanket. I added 30! That makes me happy. According to my countdown, I have 82 days left to finish.
2. The temperatures are back into the upper 90s this week and the heat index has returned. :( We are now under a heat advisory for the rest of this week.
3. Of the 13 women I invited to give their opinion on MK products, 1 said yes, 1 said no, and the rest didn't respond.
4. Only 4 books to go for the reading challenge! How are you doing on your reading goals? Did you set any?
5. I've started collecting furniture pieces. I have no place to put them. Yet, I've started buying pieces.
6. What do you think of me adding videos to this blog?
7. I know I will ask that question and no one will comment. I haven't had many comments in a very long time.
8. There is a very large stack of files in my office at work that I need to go through, discard unneeded pages, and scan so I can archive these files. I enjoy the process, I'm just not motivated to get started.
9. This...starts today.
10. Ugh, that means I need to take before photos and measurements.
Monday, July 9, 2018
Usually, I breakdown the Weekend Recap by day. However, this time, I'm going to use bullet points because that makes the most sense for this past weekend.
- Checked on a cat I'm sitting
- Finished reading another book
- Worked on my crochet blanket....a lot.
- Enjoyed some delicious hot wings
- Shopped for some yarn for some projects that have been requested of me. That yarn came home with me. However, I will not start on those projects for a while still.
- Invited 13 women to experience and give their opinion on some Mary Kay products.
- Enjoyed a night with temperatures below 80 degrees while watching the neighbor's fireworks display.
- Ran the battery down in my Fitbit.
- Helped my aunt move into a new house and did a lot of heavy lifting.